Cabbage Soup Diet

Options
Looking to see if anyone has done this diet and is it effective at all. I have heard lots about it and debating if I should try it out. Any suggestions people????:happy:

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I suggest you skip the fad diet. It is unsustainable and unhealthy.

Simply cut out processed foods. Track your intake, add fresh fruits and veggies to every meal. Shortcuts and quick fixes don't change science.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    And WATER. Lots of cold water. Especially before each meal.

ATLMel is correct. Basically, you need to shop on the outside of the grocery store.

Peace and bacon grease!
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I haven't tried it so I will not be much help. I am a big proponent of encouraging lots of healthy eating and getting enough cals. I just don't think the effects of the diet will stick. I think you may lose weight while on it, but I don't think the weight will stay off. But I've never tried it...
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yes it will work - its an extremely low calorie count for a "days" eating. THat being said it wont last long and it doesnt teach you anything about portion control or how to eat so you'll be back on it again in about 3 months. Skip the fad and eat well (fruits and vegetables with lean cuts of protein).
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I have cabbage soup a couple of days a week for snacks because i love cabbage soup. But i dont think i could survive a week on it. Plus can you imagine the effect on global warming???
  • Circle12
    Circle12 Posts: 22
    Options
    Love the peace and bacon grease....is it ok to borrow it lol?
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who did it. She ended up having stomach probs for some reason so dropped off it.

Sorry, don't know what they are and she's changed employment so I can't ask.

I agree with the above, slow and steady wins the race or at least gets you real close to the finish line.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Question - How does one lose weight?
    Answer - by staying within a calorie deficit

So...there is no need for crazy fad diets and torturing yourself with cabbage soup (unless you really really like cabbage soup). EAT....eat a healthy nutritious variety of foods and stay within your allotted calories and you will lose weight. It's that simple!
  • charmingtrouble
    charmingtrouble Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cabbage soup doesn't sound very appealing...during the medieval times and rennaissance times it kept people alive, and these people probably stayed thin

buuutttt the lack of nutrients (and food and other things) meant a shorter life span :) might as well go on a loaf of bread a day and water diet hahah

definitely stick to eating healthy and avoid the weird diets, you'll live a tad longer