Hello Everyone

Options
Hi Everyone I am new here as well and just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I have been on the on again off again diets for years. I started working out at a gym but have found difficulty getting there with a 5 year old and a husband who works erratic hours. I have been steadily gaining weight for the past few years and can't seem to get it off. I found this website the other day and absolutely love it so far. It is very easy to use. I never realized how many calories I was actually using and how many carbs I would have in one day!

I hope you all have a great evening!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I am new here as well and just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I have been on the on again off again diets for years. I started working out at a gym but have found difficulty getting there with a 5 year old and a husband who works erratic hours. I have been steadily gaining weight for the past few years and can't seem to get it off. I found this website the other day and absolutely love it so far. It is very easy to use. I never realized how many calories I was actually using and how many carbs I would have in one day!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • JJ48Fan
    Options
    Thanks I'm looking forward to getting more accustomed to the site and I love the suggestion of log first eat second! It makes you really question "Do I really NEED that" Probably not I'll grab a banana :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options

welcome aboard and good luck in your weight loss ....KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS and we are behind you all the step of the way ...... i have a 3 year old so i workout at home .... walk with my dog and my daughter , working out to a DVD .....just letting you know what i do ...again good luck
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    hello
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    welcome. Use this site and all it has to offer. Be totally honest with yourself and you can make it work for you. Listen to your body, and enjoy the ride.... as the pounds fall off it will be easier and easier to keep going :) good luck to you!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and I agree with the rest of them:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • dfdevine85
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new on here and i love it already!
  • DonaReed
    Options
    :glasses: I am new here too. Glad to have company. Lets do this together one step at a time.

NOTE: By together, I just mean lets keep track of each other as we are co-newbies.