Baby names

Options

Replies

• jessicagraves1212
    jessicagraves1212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have 2 girls Riley Mae and Jaxon Kayla. If we would have had a boy I liked Brady, Jaxon, or Gunner...my husband liked Handley
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    I just had a baby girl 8 weeks ago. We names her Keara Nicole.

For a boy i like Gabriel

For a girl I like Abigail
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Girl:
    Julianna
    Justine (Jus-teen)
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Girls Mia, Molly, Lilia, Abigail,Nicole,
    Boys Stephen, Eric, Tyler, Michael, Jason

A friends daughter is Lilia-Lou. Cutest name I've ever heard. It fits her perfectly
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Congrats and Best Wishes. I hope you have a beautiful healthy baby!

I hope to have one of each one day. My hasband and I like the names below:

Girl: Victoria, Virginia, Georgia, Helen

Boy: Steven, Malcom, Paul. Keith

If you like traditional names you may consisder using your grandmothers or grandfathers names..maybe one for each side of the family. If I have a girl she will likely be Virginia Emogene after both of my grandmothers. My Husband has 2 sons named after people in his family.
  • Amaywil
    Amaywil Posts: 44
    Options
    For boy's , Jace ( son's name ) , Jacob , Ethan , Oliver , Dallas ( 1st Son's name )

For girl's , Alicia ( daughters name ) , Sammy , Jubilee , Sarah , Ashley and Annie !
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My 3 are/will be:

Niles (4yrs)
    Addison (2yrs)
    Reese (Due 7/3/12)
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    BTW....when choosing names for my 3 kids I had to shout them together to make sure I didn't stumble on them (I am Karen, daughter of Carol....was always confusing) I have Stephen, Hannah and Abby. Three distinct sounds not to be mixed up when I call all three down to breakfast or off to school

Just a share:smile: Good Luck
  • lesanncan
    lesanncan Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    boy: Joel, Jarrett, Jonathan, Darryl, Devin
    girl: Leah, April, Amy, Kristy, Meghan
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My two boys are Benjamin and Aiden. We love love their names, for whatever reason hah. But until I was 30 weeks pregnant, Aiden was supposedly a girl, and her name would have been Sophia Elizabeth.

Other names we like though are Adalyn, Zoey (too popular now though), and Morgan for girls, and Caleb, Joshua, and Gregory for boys.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the posters...give your kid a name that can be easily pronounced by anyone who reads it, and one they won't have to "explain" to everyone he or she comes across in life. Its also very important that it meshes well with your last name so it doesn't conjur up any crazy rhymes or sounds "tongue twisty".

Kids are mean enough without giving them easy ammunition! My friend named her kid Tucker, and he's the cutest little thing, but in kindergarden and its already being used with the most obvious rhyme!

It won't matter what the first name is based on my last name, he/she will gets teased to no end. I had to go through it, and they will go through it, just the way it is... :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    girl: Genevieve
    boy: laim

my girls are maille kathleen(4) and violet adelaide(1)
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    My three sons are Andre Michael, Jason Patrick, and Brian Clayton. Pretty general and tame, and each one is the only one in their class with their particular name. Our school district is about 80% economically disadvantaged, and studies show that in many cases, children born to parents in a low socioeconomic area have more "unique" names. Seeing the names of the children in their classes makes me believe that 100000000%. Plus being a teacher/counselor in the district for 16 years...boy I've seen some doozies! There is a long list of names I made my husband SWEAR he would never consider because it reminded me of this kid or that kid. LOL!

I found a blog that talks about awful baby names and it makes me laugh so much...because I see that kind of thing every day.

http://notwithoutmyhandbag.com/blog/category/badbabynames/

Anyway, that doesn't help you find names so back to the subject at hand...I never had a girl but if I had been blessed with one, she would have been either Hailey Elizabeth, Sarah Elizabeth Rose, or Hailey Rhiannon. Other boys' names were never really considered because we knew what we wanted from the start. Best wishes and good luck! :)
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Our oldest is a Julia.

Then we had Heather, Celeste, and Phoebe

Boys? could have been Bennett, Alex(ander) and I am partial to Jacques
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Trying to mix the traditional and the modern...

Girls - Larayne, Storm, Rose, Andrea (ok I'm biased that's my name), Chloe

Boys - Daniel, Keelan, Luke, Arran, Joshua
  • jjpe
    jjpe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have 4 boys and one girl...Ryan, Gage, Cale, Jaxx and my girl is Kara. I also love the names Avin,Jewl (which won't work for you) for girls and Beau ( we call my son Ryan, Beau) and Jace.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    My wife likes a name that someone has suggested, and i do like it but it was an old girlfriend and she doesn't know that, i just say i don't like that name. I can imagine all my friends saying he name her that cause he still is in love the the old girlfriend.... i dated this girl over 15 years ago BTW...
  • mrskrueger
    mrskrueger Posts: 19
    Options
    Boy: Luke
    Girl: Lydia

Congrats and good luck picking a name!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Julian.
    -wtk

Do not do this. My parents called me Andrea, my brother Andrew - it's led to confusion our whole lives
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. My son's names are Carson McKinley (his grandfather and father's middle name as well) and Connor Joseph

Boys: Lucas, Owen, Aiden, Aaron, Vincent
    Girls: Sophia, Riley, Olivia, Jocelyn, Amber