Baby names

Options

Replies

• rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    .. and I thought of a few more. Love talking about baby names!

Girl: Geneva, Elise and Ellen

Boy: Blaine, Blake and Silas
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Giving Your Kids a Creative Name

You'd Think...
    You want your kid to be special. There are a few million Daves, Bobs and Johns running around NOT being totally awesome and obviously it's all because of their boring-*kitten* names. So you decide to name your son something original, like Malcolm, Ivan or ****smash McIroncock.

But in Reality...
    You have just sent your flesh and blood straight into the middle of a massive man-rape in the prison shower. According to a study at the Shippensburg University, kids growing up with ordinary, popular names have a higher chance to become law abiding citizens, while all the unusually named ones should start deciding what state they want to commit their first felony in (friendly tip, skip Texas). The study lists the top 10 bad boy names in America as: Alec, Ernest, Garland, Ivan, Kareem, Luke, Malcolm, Preston, Tyrell and Walter, which we must point out are not the names of any serial killer or presidential assassin that has ever existed, so we're assuming the research is skewed in a certain direction.

Although, Steve Buscemi played a serial killer named Garland in Con Air, so we guess that's maybe half a point?
    The theory is that the additional attention garnered by odd and unusual names can cause peer ridicule and discrimination in the workforce, which tends to result in a few thousand Alecs and Prestons stealing toilet paper from the gas station. So do your kid a favor and give him a typical law-abiding, mentally stable name, like Michael.

Read more: 7 Things 'Good Parents' Do (That Screw Up Kids For Life) | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article/195_7-things-good-parents-do-that-screw-up-kids-life/#ixzz1uCu2TFfR

Just tried to follow that link here at the office... my work web filter blocked it... the category? "Tasteless".... too funny!!! now I am really curious!!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad none of my children's names have been mentioned so far.

Me too.

Still good thru 5 pages.
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a Drake and Brooklyn. It is so hard to choose names!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Oy...I should't have said anything.

1 of 4 now.
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    My wife likes a name that someone has suggested, and i do like it but it was an old girlfriend and she doesn't know that, i just say i don't like that name. I can imagine all my friends saying he name her that cause he still is in love the the old girlfriend.... i dated this girl over 15 years ago BTW...

Tell her. She will abandon the name real quick! You sooo cannot name your child the same as an ex. Your wife would kill you if she ever found out...
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Grace, Claire, Larissa, Audrey

Nolan, Bradley, Glen, Scott
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Nicholas for a boy - my 7 year old son's name:heart: Congrats to you and your wife!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Boys - Luke, Tyson, Wyatt, Jayson
    Girls - Audrey, Kinleigh, Alexis

I'm a Caitlin and it is one of the hardest names for people to grasp when I'm calling for appointments, etc. since there are 100 ways to spell it..but like all names, sometimes you just have to see the little guy/gal and the name will come perfectly! :)
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love baby names! My own girls are Hope Isabelle (9) and Grace BellaRae (5 AND A HALF!).

A few other girl names we considered (and I still love)
    Delaney Danielle
    Lillie Rae,
    Katie Rae
    Pyper Lorene

Only two boys names we ever had picked out were
    Beau Matthew (1st time)/Beau Michael (2nd time) and
    Jack Patrick both times.

Other favorites:
    Sadie Mae
    Bailey Marie
    Walker Joe
    Moxie Doodle Lou

(Okay, the "other favorites" have been names of our cats/dogs, but I still really like them!)

Blessings to you and your new little one!
    Loree
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm a July baby too :-)
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    first i want to say... my name is julia :)

boy - xander james or xander steven
    girl - hailey kay :)

when i have children these will be the names we pick from
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your wife! Julia is a beautiful name. My son is a Patrick, two daughers are: Tania & Kirsten. Like for boys: Jayden, Julian, Mark, Donovan; Anthony, Adrian ( can be male or female). For girls: Kai; Kaley, Sophia, Lisa, Susan, Raquel, Alana, Marie, Patricia. Good luck with choosing a name-you have a lot to choose from. :drinker:
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Boys names: Daniel, Jordan, Jacob, Justin, Matthew, Andrew, Joshua, Alex

Girl names: Hannah, Heather, Rebecca, Miranda, Jessica, Christina
  • braves20111
    braves20111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    First Name: Beau Middle: Hunter

Get it hahahaha
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Our son's name is Maxim. My wife and I decided that if we have a girl, we decided on Guinivere Rose (at least, I think so! LOL)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my name is Quincy, thats pretty fun haha. my brothers names are Paul and Joe (boringgg)

if I was having a child we would name them

Girl: Mary-Jane Gailene. or Effy
    Boy: Cook. (cookie for a nickname) or Aaron Joseph. or Bentley.

they all have meaning behind them, people who have past (SO's brother, my brother), my parents names, etc.

I work with small children and lately i have noticed a few unique names : Holden, Luka, Gavin, Tess, Addyson
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    I love the names Hattie or Irene for a girl, and Ian and Oliver for a boy. My kids are Chloe Margaret and Benjamin Ian :)
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    Boys: Noah, Jordan, Andrew, Alexander
    Girls: Hadley, Sophia, Alexa, Mackenzie, Mikaela, Sydney.

Those are my favorites! Good luck with your choice!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Boys: Noah, Samuel, Nathan, Paul, Michael, Gabriel, David, Scott, Jerome, Glenn, Quinn.

Girls: Michaela, Sophia, Rose, Aiyanna, Bethany, Bianca, Maggie, Caroline, Lauren, megan, Tessa.