Are people telling you to not lose anymore weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Arewethereyet:...How did you find out your body fat/lean muscle?

OH I just thought of something.

If you belong to a gym tell them you are thinking about getting a trainer and would like to know your body fat...................or set up an appt for a walk thru and discussion at a new gym. Tell them you would like to know your body fat % on THIS visit.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I belong to our local YMCA and I will ask them today if they offer this. I'd really like to know.

Thanks!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options

my trainer is petite........tiny really......but when I saw her push up 700 pounds on the weight bench my eyes popped outta my head. She is 5"2" and weighs close to 130 is all she would tell me:wink: ........not an ounce of fat on her body and she is HOT.
    [/quote]

your post made lol as it took me back to the days when I passed out at the gym and my trainer also 5ft 2"
    picked me up 5ft 7" sweaty and floppy and at the time about 28 lbs over weight like I was nothing :laugh:
    [/quote]

WoW!!:smile: See, I want to be that person!!!
  • twallwork
    Options
    oh I hear it all the time time...even from people who are smaller than I am.....it's hard to take it as a compliment though because It usually comes along with "you're looking gaunt" ...... and the silly thing is, I'm 145, not even trying to lose anymore weight....I've been maintaining for a few months and working on body building....so how the heck if I am gaining muscle do I look gaunt? I guess its just a difference from seeing the pumpkin-face I used to have, LOL....I just hope they all get used to it soon !
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    OMG I hate that when I tell people how much Ive lost and I have 34lbs to go they say no you look great just like that ugh....Thats fustrates me:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :mad:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yep, heard it and ignore it. My goal is in the middle of my healthy weight range and I aim to make it. Nobody thought I was too thin when I weighed 135, why should it be too thin now? Keep up the good work, we'll get there!
  • imastar512
    Options
    I agree, my family thinks i shouldnt lose any weight because I look ok, for having 3 kids. I am doing this for myself and no one else. I dont want to lose wieght just to look good but for Health factors as well. I want to avoid all the diseases out there or lower my chances of getting some of them by eating right and working out. I even encourage my kids to excersise and stay healthy.
  • imastar512
    Options
    I agree, my family thinks i shouldnt lose any weight because I look ok, for having 3 kids. I am doing this for myself and no one else. I dont want to lose wieght just to look good but for Health factors as well. I want to avoid all the diseases out there or lower my chances of getting some of them by eating right and working out. I even encourage my kids to excersise and stay healthy.