• PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome post! Thanks for taking the time out to share :smile:
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Great post!

Fitness (and life in general) starts from mindset. Mindset leads to action, action leads to results.

If you hate working out/eating right, then you are not going to be successful in the long run. If you enjoy it, then it's easy and natural to stick with it!
  • cherylastone1
    cherylastone1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I don't read a lot of posts because so many of them don't help me. APPLAUSE for this one - best one I've read and one that, when I finished, I felt good about "what works for me"!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Beautifully, beautifully written. And something that I need to take to heart. I find I'm always wondering what everyone else thinks I should be doing for more success. Some of it is just trying to seek out the knowledge...but, I admit, some of it is a fear that I can't trust myself to make the right decisions. I made the wrong ones for so long, I suppose that kind of makes sense. Thanks again for sharing your rockin' brain with us, Raz!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    this is fantastic,

I have taken a break from counting because I have been feeling like it is consuming my every thought. My mind was not healthy anymore, and what good is a healthy body and a messed up mind!

Thanks!
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, glad if it could help you to have more faith in yourself.
    this is fantastic,

I have taken a break from counting because I have been feeling like it is consuming my every thought. My mind was not healthy anymore, and what good is a healthy body and a messed up mind!

Thanks!

Same here, you wouldn't even imagine how much nights were wasted because of the calories counting. Sweating about my macros is not funny, sweating while training is better
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    this is fantastic,

Thanks!

Agreed with your last statement.

However, I have been always healthy, heavier or lighter. So my sole goal is to lose a few pounds. I did it last year by counting calories alone. Then I stalled. After researching I learned I need to eat more to break it. Then guess what...I ate more, exercised more, and I WEIGHED MORE...as a matter of fact, I went back to where I started right now. How frustrating! I don't know if I want to give it up yet as I know how good I felt when I was a few pounds light and my pants fit looser. :( but now I am bigger and heavier than ever. What did I do wrong? Someone please help me to break my mindset!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between being devoted and obsessed. :-) I think that's the fine line. I am a numbers girl too (math teacher.) I am getting better at not beating myself up for the little things. I just do the best I can day by day. Thanks for the post.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    this is fantastic,

Thanks!

However, I have been always healthy, heavier or lighter. So my sole goal is to lose a few pounds. I did it last year by counting calories alone. Then I stalled. After researching I learned I need to eat more to break it. Then guess what...I ate more, exercised more, and I WEIGHED MORE...as a matter of fact, I went back to where I started right now. How frustrating! I don't know if I want to give it up yet as I know how good I felt when I was a few pounds light and my pants fit looser. :( Someone please help me to break my mindset!

It's pretty easy actually. It's all about putting things in perspective. Technically a theory exists about a setpoint, where the body adapts, but thermodynamic is what it is.

When weight is really stalled (it's been my case), only big moves work. Find a routine that suits you, and keep reducing calories.
    Don't starve yourself though, if the def. is too big, you may have a blood test. I needed to go from 2000 to 4000 calories to see interesting stuff, try strength training if you want, that may help

The more I was trying to float, the more I was finding myself sinking ; and the more I was trying to sink and the more I was finding myself floating ;-)
  • albayin
    Options
    this is fantastic,

Thanks!

However, I have been always healthy, heavier or lighter. So my sole goal is to lose a few pounds. I did it last year by counting calories alone. Then I stalled. After researching I learned I need to eat more to break it. Then guess what...I ate more, exercised more, and I WEIGHED MORE...as a matter of fact, I went back to where I started right now. How frustrating! I don't know if I want to give it up yet as I know how good I felt when I was a few pounds light and my pants fit looser. :( Someone please help me to break my mindset!

It's pretty easy actually. It's all about putting things in perspective. Technically a theory exists about a setpoint, where the body adapts, but thermodynamic is what it is.

When weight is really stalled (it's been my case), only big moves work. Find a routine that suits you, and keep reducing calories.
    Don't starve yourself though, if the def. is too big, you may have a blood test. I needed to go from 2000 to 4000 calories to see interesting stuff, try strength training if you want, that may help

The more I was trying to float, the more I was finding myself sinking ; and the more I was trying to sink and the more I was finding myself floating ;-)

"reducing calories" that is the deal breaker. I already eat minimum of 1200 calories. I cannot reduce further. Even with 1200, I often feel hungry and craving for more...Everybody said it worked for them but nothing works for me. Does that mean I don't really know myself as I thought I did?

I actually started strenth training and that was when I put back the weight. I can clearly see my thighs more toned...but much bigger. One possibility is that I might grain muscle faster than I lose fat? Anyhow, anything I tried, results in I am bigger than before I started the weight loss process. How irritating!
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love that everything was said in a very nice way. I got the point, but wasn't insulted! Kudos!
  • albayin
    Options
    There's a difference between being devoted and obsessed. :-) I think that's the fine line. I am a numbers girl too (math teacher.) I am getting better at not beating myself up for the little things. I just do the best I can day by day. Thanks for the post.

I think I already crossed the fine line and became obsessed. However I don't really know how to break through. :(
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    best read in a long while, bumping :)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    As they say, "Everything works, but nothing works forever." The key's are adaptation and a willingness to explore new options when what you are doing stops working. The body is remarkably efficient and will eventually catch up with you and you'll have to find something else to keep it going the way it was.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options

I think I already crossed the fine line and became obsessed. However I don't really know how to break through. :(

you can pm your numbers if you want (age/ weight in kilos/ height in centimeters/ your daily intakes)
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I love that everything was said in a very nice way. I got the point, but wasn't insulted! Kudos!

Isn't that what really makes the difference here? No attacks. No insults. Just telling it like it is without beating anyone over the head. I'm glad you pointed that out. I am very much about being polite (well, except for jokes sometimes).
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    *golf claps*

thank thank thank you for saying this!!!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options

Kudos :drinker: