How to lose stubborn cellulite? How long til I see results?

Options
I am frustrated because I'm exercising a lot and eating as clean as possible and my cellulite still isn't budging. I don't have a lot, either, it's just a bit on my thighs and bum. It's annoying because the pilates and strength training I've been doing has been making my muscles tighter and more defined but it's still covered by the fat and cellulite...but the thing is, I do much more cardio (both high and low impact) than anything else and that seems to be the only thing "not doing it's job". Even though my resistance has gotten better, and my muscles are more defined, I can't seem to get rid of the fat that cardio is supposed to burn off.

I'm wondering if I'm just being too impatient, I've only picked up on my advanced exercise routine for the past month or so. How much longer than than should it take for me to start to see progress? I've seen people do full body transformations in like three months, and all I'm trying to do is lose about ten pounds of fat and have some lean muscle show. :(

Any tips or personal stories/photos would be appreciated

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, where you want to lose the most, is where you are going to lose the last.

the best thing you can do is to be patient, and to keep working as hard as you can, and eating the right thing.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    You've been on the site for less than month....Nothing is going to happen "over-night"

Don't worry about weight, the scale, the sizes...as you become healthier and lose weight, you will not notice the changes as quickly as others. Dont focus on how you look. Focus on How you act on your journey. As you become healthier, everything else just falls into place.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is caused by a combination of fat and connective tissue pressing against the skin. It can get worse as you age because the structure of the skin changes. Some people never completely get rid of it. As you lose weight you may see it diminish or you may not, it's a highly individual phenomenon.
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    You've been on the site for less than month....Nothing is going to happen "over-night"

Don't worry about weight, the scale, the sizes...as you become healthier and lose weight, you will not notice the changes as quickly as others. Dont focus on how you look. Focus on How you act on your journey. As you become healthier, everything else just falls into place.

Well I only started using the site once I wanted to track calories, I was working out before that! And thanks for the advice but looking better is obviously a huge reason why I'm doing this (of course I want to be healthy but I also want to not feel lumpy in my bathing suit) so it's really hard for me not to constantly wonder when I'm going to see results lol
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    I hope eventually someone can post a before and after lower-body toning photo, those always make the best motivation.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I hope eventually someone can post a before and after lower-body toning photo, those always make the best motivation.

work hard, and you can post your own before and after pictures soon enough.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Sorry double post
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you something - I had some cellulite on the back of my thighs when I was 105 pounds and all I did was cardio and light weights. Cardio and a low cal diet made my cellulite worse, I believe.

The only thing that took it off (and by that I mean it is 95% gone) was gaining a little weight through eating more and lifting heavy, especially deadlifts. It took a good 6 months to see it go. I weigh 112-ish now. My legs look SO much better. Where that used to be the part of me I covered up, now I wear short skirts and shorts. I love my legs now!

LIFT HEAVY!
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    I have the same exact problem!! :grumble: It is very frustrating!! I've been working at it for almost 2 yrs now and it has taken up permanent residence there on my rear end! My hubby likes it but I HATE it with a passion! So many times I have felt like giving up. I dont know what to do either. I'm interested to see what everyone says.
  • pyororon
    pyororon Posts: 22
    Options
    Have you tried dry brushing your cellulite? Works wonders for me :)
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Some things: I don't know what dry brushing is but I guess I'll google it lol

And I know, I hear that heavy lifting as what helps build the nice toned legs but I have never done anything like that before and I have no idea how to start. I am scared to hurt myself, and I don't even know which types of lifting exercises I would start with. Do you know of a thread or website that could help a lifting beginner like myself?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I had less cellulite when I weighed more. Now I have these running pictures with one frame the leg is all muscular, and in the next frame that muscular leg is now relaxed and *covered with cellulite* GRRRRRRRR
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is caused by a combination of fat and connective tissue pressing against the skin. It can get worse as you age because the structure of the skin changes. Some people never completely get rid of it. As you lose weight you may see it diminish or you may not, it's a highly individual phenomenon.

this is tru. some ppl just store fat differently.
    i have a friend who has always been bigger than me but her legs and butt are perfect - no cellulite. but her upper body has always held on to the fat. i have always been smaller than her but also always had cellulite. yes this is frustrating.

on the other hand i have a friend who is size 2, works out regularly and still has cellulite. i have to be honest, this made me feel better lol.

just keep doing wat u doin and be patient to see what happens ;)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Have you tried dry brushing your cellulite? Works wonders for me :)

whats this?
  • annielizstan
    annielizstan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fitness and exercise are both can effective on weight and control your fat.
    Try to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
    Drink lemon and hot water in the morning.
    Take fresh fruit.
    Do daily exercise.
    Exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs.