INSANITY motivation, suggesions and support??

Options
Hi, Those of you who have bought and used Insanity. I am looking for suggestions and support regarding a decision to purcahse the Insanity DVD or not. Did you get results? Were you able to stick with it the 60 days? Any/everything you have to say about it, I am very interested. I am contemplating making the DVD set of Insanity my mothers day request. Opinions????~ Thank you.

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I got the results and then some from Insanity. I am also in the latest infomercial (my picture of before and after) due to my results. It's worth it in my opinion. It's hard, fun and gives you what you put into it!
  • spazzykay
    spazzykay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have done it a few times and it is truly a challenge. I work as a rep for Beachbody so if you want to join one of my Facebook online challenge groups utilizing this program, let me know.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I just picked it up today, but I hesistant to try it I'll be honest I don't want to injure myself.
  • JJhoney
    JJhoney Posts: 29
    Options
    The best investment I ever made! Even if I'm not consistent with it, I'm in love.
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i love it. i did it for 60 days straight.....once i finished it, i started it all over again......i'm on week 3 for the second time around....it still kicks my butt......
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    i did it for 5 mos :) loved it. take breaks when you need them :)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    I got the results and then some from Insanity. I am also in the latest infomercial (my picture of before and after) due to my results. It's worth it in my opinion. It's hard, fun and gives you what you put into it!

Not to doubt you, but if your in the commercials you're not an objective observer :) I would love to hear from other average folks like myself,

I see other people posting now and it's giving me confidence in trying it tomorrow starting with the Fit Test I believe.
  • immotivatedinparis
    Options
    I'm on my 48th day and I love it!I didn't follow the calendar in the beginning because I got sick,but when I recovered I've tried to follow it the best as I can.I've lost about 12lbs so far with insanity and a healthy diet.When I finish I'm going to restart it again,it's that good!Challenging,hard,and a lot of sweating, but all worth it!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    i only lost 7 lbs but i lost 16 inches, the 2nd time, about 8 lbs and 9 inches or something close to that :)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Wow I finished the fit test today, if that's a preview of what's to come...oh boy :)
  • babbott165
    babbott165 Posts: 21
    Options
    I started Insanity on 04/23/12 so I'm in my third week. I've lost about 12lbs so far and 3 inches off my gut(waist). It is extremely hard, especially for someone who hasn't had a very active lifestyle. I wrestled in college ten years ago and thought it would be a breeze even tho I'm out of shape. I was wrong! It kicks my butt each and every day! All you have to remember is to concentrate on your form, because that's going to keep you from getting injured! Start off slow and steady and as you begin to feel your body become accustomed to the movements, then try and keep up. Shawn T. does a great job in the DVDs expressing that form is more is more important than the number of reps you do. For me, I dread the workout each morning because I know I'm going to be pushing myself to my limits, but by the time the final cool down comes around and I'm dripping in sweat, I feel amazing. I think the key to it is to stay moving, stay dedicated to your workout routine and push yourself without hurting yourself. You know your physical limits, take yourself there and try to edge past it a little as a time. Insanity is a great tool, especially accompanied with MFP because you really get to see your results in your daily logs. When you check in everyday and enter your workout it, you'll feel great about the commitment you've made for your health and wellness. I recommend it for anyone, beginner to advanced because your don't stop moving and once you get past the initial intimidation of the workout, you start to have fun!
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    I am starting my second round. I started Jan and finished early March and had lost 19 pounds.. IT . IS. HARD. for me..at least. I have to take breaks. BUT!! this time around I can actually get through the warm up without stopping.

Just do it! Listen to your body and drink your water.. GOOD LUCK!
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    Okay~ That will be my Mothers day gift request. THANK YOU so much for all the input. How long is the workout? That is something that is nice to know going in, how long. Intimediation is there, I will say that.