what's your favorite running sneaker?

Options
bjs06
bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
I am excited to be getting fit for some new sneaks to train for and run my first 10k in.What shoes do you wear and/or love? I have high arches and bad knees and hips so I'm a case and a half - who knows what I'll end up with. Let me know :)

Replies

• Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus, for me it's like running on clouds.
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I had to be fitted of course and I have Brooks Adrenaline. :) Great shoes and only $100! :D
  • ShalyAnn
    ShalyAnn Posts: 1
    Options
    I have an older pair of DC gym shoes from like two years ago, they are comfortable, cute and remind me of something that my boyfriend would wear. DC's and Nike shocks (old but still :) ) they feel amazing :)
  • mtsnorider
    mtsnorider Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like Mizunos but you should go to a running store and have them fit you. Make sure they watch you run and take the time to make sure you have the right shoes. Once you are fit and have tried the shoes and know they will work, your next pair you can purchase online or anywhere that you find at a discount.

Course local support of a business is always best.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my Mizunos -- I wear the Wave Creation or the Prophecies!!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Asic 2160s. Nothing else works for me. I need serious arch support and cushion for my knees. LOVE them.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I bought the ugliest pair of K-Swiss running shoes. They rock! But man are they hideous.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    ..... you should go to a running store and have them fit you. Make sure they watch you run and take the time to make sure you have the right shoes. Once you are fit and have tried the shoes and know they will work, your next pair you can purchase online or anywhere that you find at a discount.

Course local support of a business is always best.

^^ this is how I found my Asic 2160s. :) Well, at the time I wore 2140s, but the new line is 2160 (at least the last time I bought them.) I buy 2-3 pairs at a time because I love them so much. haha
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Gotta love Asics :bigsmile:

They hold up really well! I have had mine for 3 years and they still have their arch support :bigsmile:
  • Rayman233
    Rayman233 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus 13. My wife and I both love them.
  • DaringAdventure
    DaringAdventure Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love the Mizuno running shoe. I used to like Asics but when I began training for my first half marathon I decided to try something new. I went to a local running store and got help from a clerk that had run 26 marathons. She measured my foot, watched me walk across the floor and put me on a machine. I tried a couple of different shoes on but the Mizuno was made for my foot. That is all I wear now. Get some advice from your local running store and don't be ashamed to wear the shoe for a little while in the store. Happy Running!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I have Asics 2170's. They are great for trails and the road. Love them!!
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Asics are allI wear.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a mix that I keep in rotation. Brooks, New Balance & Nike. I would definitely go to a running store before buying shoes. While they are pricey ($100 +) you will thank yourself for the investment later. Injuries suck !
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Asics GT2160, they are awesome and were only like $70 at the running store (cheap for a specialty store!) Sadly, they are also last year's model...so now when I replace them I gotta find something else comparable...
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of Brooks PureFlow and love them best shoes I've ever had for running!
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus, for me it's like running on clouds.

YES YES YES!!

BUT! I recommend that you go to somewhere like "Famous Footwear" or other store that has TONS of shoes and bring all the ones in your size down and try EACH and every one on! That is the only way I could do it. Every persons feet are different. try on both shoes, walk around and even run a bit (behind the isles) feel how the toes fit (so IMPORTANT for long runs) and the sides of your feet and how the heel fits! If you are ready to run a 10K then you know how important a good fitting and comfortable shoe is.

IT HAS TO BE JUST RIGHT!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have a mix that I keep in rotation. Brooks, New Balance & Nike. I would definitely go to a running store before buying shoes. While they are pricey ($100 +) you will thank yourself for the investment later. Injuries suck !

Rotating shoes is a great idea. I wish I'd been able to buy an extra pair of the shoes I'm currently wearing, but they were last year's model and the last pair in my size. I still rotate them with my old Sauconys and won't have to buy new shoes for a couple more months at least...
  • blueberry67
    blueberry67 Posts: 44
    Options
    I love my new aSICS GEL-FRANTIC6 -comfy and my toes fit in well
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am another Mizuno gal here. Used to wear Asics but as soon as I tried Mizuno I was completely hooked!! I got them at a local running store also! :-)