c-section moms

Options
2»

Replies

• CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Reading through some of these posts, I am feeling very fortunate.

I had my c-section 6 years ago and I can no longer see my scar and at one time, had my "pooch" completely gone. I do have one now though so we'll see how it goes. The trick to getting rid of it is lower abdominal core training. It is possible.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My scar is good. Do most of you have a pooch just over the scar - below the belly button. Its as if when sewing you up the fat just seemed to collect in the lower portion. If they could have removed the fat and sewn you up - that would have been good!

Like these, need to scroll down:
    http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about1385109.html
  • sasarafo
    sasarafo Posts: 18
    Options
    Now to ask a gross question. Do any of you have problems with chafing under your belly when exercising? I am having a heck of a time with mine. The skin becomes raw and super sore. I am tempted to pull out the duct tape...any other suggestions?

Sasarafo, have you tried putting some baby powder on your stomach before you workout? I haven't tried this, but I coach teenagers, and sometimes it helps high friction areas when they run. Good luck!

I've used powder. it really helps!

I have been trying it before the workouts but I sweat right through it...I tend to go full out when I work out. I have heard about cornstarch. Maybe I will try that this week?
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My scar is good. Do most of you have a pooch just over the scar - below the belly button. Its as if when sewing you up the fat just seemed to collect in the lower portion. If they could have removed the fat and sewn you up - that would have been good!

Like these, need to scroll down:
    http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about1385109.html

That picture is exactly what mine looks like, only mine is a little smaller.

I had 2 c-sections. My youngest is turning 11 in a few days and I still have numbness in the area of my scar.

My pooch never goes away completely but it does get pretty small. I hate it, but my husband refers to it as my "battle scars". :smile:
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I don't have children but I do have a c section type scar from surgery. It's a pain in the *kitten* but the pooch will go away eventually.

I'm a little worried about what it'll look like when/if I do ever fully lose the floppy sack of fat hanging from my tummy and the scar is visible but... I mean... whatevs. It'll look better than fat being there.
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Look into Lindsay Brin - google her and find her moms into fitness website. She talks a lot about core training after c sections and she has some free work outs on you tube too!!
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections and endometriosis surgery in the same spot (basically a mini c-section). I never thought my pooch would go away but it's gone now. Flat and firm. I don't quite have a 6 pack now but I definitely have a 4 pack. I have no before pictures because I refused to go anywhere near a camera back then. Maybe I'll muster the courage to take some after pictures though. I was waiting on the full 6 pack to arrive before that.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections and endometriosis surgery in the same spot (basically a mini c-section). I never thought my pooch would go away but it's gone now. Flat and firm. I don't quite have a 6 pack now but I definitely have a 4 pack. I have no before pictures because I refused to go anywhere near a camera back then. Maybe I'll muster the courage to take some after pictures though. I was waiting on the full 6 pack to arrive before that.

Good to know that my tummy may be flat and firm one day, but I know its really individual. If you muster the courage would be good to see.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!