Didn't drink enough water at the weekend

Options
It was a bank holiday weekend here in Ireland so wasn't in work yesterday. I generally struggle to drink enough water at the weekends and always suffer on a monday with bloating/cramps from being constipated.

I'm in agony this morning as I had 3 days of only a little water drinking. My stomach is like a rock, bloated, sore...I'm miserable :-( I look about 5 months pregnant, thank god I am wearing a loose fitting top to work.

Why do I find it so hard to drink water at the weekend? Got into the car on the way out with kids/husband and I forgot my water bottle which I always have in the car with me. Drink water with any food but not enough. I'm sooooo good during the week. You'd imagine I would learn my lesson at this stage!!

I'll just keep active during the dat and hope it works itself out. Going to the gym tonight so don't want to be lethargic/bloated still then. No poing going otherwise. Grrrrrrrrr..............

Replies

• Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I hear you!
    I too don't drink enough water during weekend. It starts with getting up later, maybe being out of the house, visiting, shopping, whatever, where you can't always have your water with you, or toilets near...
    I weigh in every Monday, but I better had this changed into Tuesday, as Tuesdays I'm generally lighter than Mondays :-/
    I have not yet found a way to remember to drink enough on weekends :-(
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i'm with you on this, so i've roped in my son & hubby to help.

we are out first thing on Saturday to rugby, so when they pack their water bottles my son packs me a litre bottle as well and i drink on the side lines and then when we go to the clubhouse, my hubby gets the kitchen staff to fill it back up for me (I feel stupid asking LOL) and the same thing happens on sunday (rugby or cricket)

I've also been and bought bulk bottle packs of water that i keep in the boot

good luck :)
  • LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have difficult drinking enough water on the week days i do work, as i only work 3 days/11 hours each day.. (give or take)

my days off i find it easy, ....as i fill a 4 pint milk bottle with water and leave it in the fridge and work my self through that each day, if i do any exercise i fill my water bottle with water from the tap and not out of /milk bottle. As i know i need to drink more water if I'm working out

I've been doing this for the past few weeks and its actually working... i know that by 8pm every night my 'milk bottle' needs to be empty. I say 8pm so my bladder can be empty by time go to bed

hope this helps