100 lbs down from my highest weight *pictures*

Options

Replies

• cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You look great and 10 years younger too.
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So inspiring. You look 10 years younger!!
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job I need to be like u and be patien
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, thank y'all so much! I was shocked to see my post again!
    Wow! I've glanced at your photos a while ago but I've read your story and stats and I see that we have the same height and body type. Is your ultimate goal weight 145? I'm worried I'll look a little unhealthy in the 140's even though I have a medium frame too. :ohwell:

My ultimate goal weight is 143. That's half of my highest weight and is just about half-way into the "healthy" range for our height, so I figured I might as well shoot for it. How cool would it be to be able to say I'm half the woman I once was :) I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't get there, but I'm going to try. I can't remember ever being in the 140's so I'm not sure what I'll look like at that weight. I've been fat for so long that I can't imagine myself ever looking too thin though haha!!

What a great story! I love your attitude - even your little additional story about your husband shows how positive you are. I agree with everyone else who says you look wonderful!

I checked out your link to HiitsDan's page and read (and read, and read, and read...). I have to say, I feel really dumb. I just don't get all the numbers and initials.

Is there any super-duper simple explanation? Like "just never eat below your BMR" and "never over your __________"?

Also, I'm curious about how you're tweaking your protein, fat and carbs.

If you don't have time to go into all this with me, I totally understand! (I'm sure your a busy mama!!) If so, though, that would be sweet!

Congrats again. :)

Thank you so much!! I'll try to help you the best I can...I'm no expert though :/
    Just follow the steps below. I totally understand where you're coming from. I was really, really overwhelmed by all of the info Dan posted. It's all great information, but I felt a little (a lot) dumb after reading and re-reading it too. Once I just followed the steps, it started making sense! To change your calorie goal and set your carbs/fat/protein to 40%/30%/30% go to "goals" at the top of your home page, click "change goals", click "custom" and continue, change your "net calories consumed" to the number you get from the fat2fit website and change your carbs/fat/protein there (I believe fat and protein fill themselves in once you change carbs to 40). I'm really no expert on this, but I hope that helps. Never eat below BMR and try to get close to your carbs/fat/protein goals.

visit http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
    Do the Military Body Fat Calc first, then the BMR tool.
    The Military BF calc is accurate up to about 2%.
    The BMR tool will give EXACT calories to eat on a daily basis.
    This number is static and I only recommend eating back so your NET is at least 200 above BMR.
    Add 20% to suggested calories to know your TDEE.
    Use the Katch McGardle BMR number to know your BMR.
    Never eat at or below BMR.
    For Fat loss plans set up macros at 30% Protein/Fat.
    This % is only because MFP wont allow single %.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation--you should be so proud of yourself and you look great!
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! ... i really needed to look at encouraging stories today. it's been a depressing past two days... thanks for being an encouragement!
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress, and you're very pretty! Good job!
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Thank you so much!! I'll try to help you the best I can...I'm no expert though :/
    Just follow the steps below. I totally understand where you're coming from. I was really, really overwhelmed by all of the info Dan posted. It's all great information, but I felt a little (a lot) dumb after reading and re-reading it too. Once I just followed the steps, it started making sense! To change your calorie goal and set your carbs/fat/protein to 40%/30%/30% go to "goals" at the top of your home page, click "change goals", click "custom" and continue, change your "net calories consumed" to the number you get from the fat2fit website and change your carbs/fat/protein there (I believe fat and protein fill themselves in once you change carbs to 40). I'm really no expert on this, but I hope that helps. Never eat below BMR and try to get close to your carbs/fat/protein goals.

visit http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
    Do the Military Body Fat Calc first, then the BMR tool.
    The Military BF calc is accurate up to about 2%.
    The BMR tool will give EXACT calories to eat on a daily basis.
    This number is static and I only recommend eating back so your NET is at least 200 above BMR.
    Add 20% to suggested calories to know your TDEE.
    Use the Katch McGardle BMR number to know your BMR.
    Never eat at or below BMR.
    For Fat loss plans set up macros at 30% Protein/Fat.
    This % is only because MFP wont allow single %.

OK... With much fear and trepidation I change my numbers. I realize I've read this a million times here, but "this seems like so much!". Yikes. Thanks much for your review of the info. :) It takes a while for me to figure some things out, I guess.
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Omg Amber you look gorgeous great job ma'am and great work increasing your caloric goal too. :)
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you look amazing.. great job!
  • Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    wow amazing work. good for you.. :)
  • Nightingale77
    Nightingale77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amazing - you must feel great!
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    you look amazing great job!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
  • wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome Job look great!!! :)
  • wooze63
    wooze63 Posts: 34
    Options
    Wow Great job. I admire people who are "stay at home" that can keep on their plans, it is so hard when you are at home. Keep up the wonderful journey, you look great!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    congratulations! You're doing a great job!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Wow you really do look great, well done and all the best for your continuing sucess:laugh:
  • sprtz
    sprtz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is great you are looking good keep up the hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!