Healthy Hair!!

Options
Hello my dear MFPies ... I need some suggestions to have thick healthy hair ...
I have this waist long hair and suddenly they are losing volume ..
I dont want to end up having a horse tail on my head (Even that is thicker :( )

Any tips to stop this hairloss with my weigthloss??

Read about massaging with olive oil.. Does it work?? Anything else??
Pleeaaassseeee .. I LOVE MY HAIR.....

Replies

• vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    Take a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement to cover you for anything you're not getting in your diet?
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Have a look at your diet. If you are on a low calorie diet you may not be getting enough macro or micronutrients. Ultimately hair is made from protein so you want a diet rich in protein on top of making sure you are getting plenty micronutrients.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Biotin can help, and make sure you aren't cutting your protein or fat too low.

Scalp massage increases blood flow, which can help hair growth. But basically, there is nothing you can put *on* your hair to help it, because once it leaves the follicle, it's dead. You can improve the cosmetic appearance, but to have healthier hair, you have to make sure what you are eating benefits it.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    *bumping for later*
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fish oil (for omega-3) and prenatal vitamins (Folic acid)
  • EvelynPierce
    Options
    :bigsmile: Throwaway shampoos that have sulfates and bad chemicals & buy some that say SULFATE FREE like Loreal's EverStrong or EverCreme would be best for you. (buy the shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask)

Massage your scalp when shampooing (using finger tips) and trim 1-2 inches off

I don't have super long hair like you but I do this and my hair is strong and healthy soft

oh and that line of products is good enough you can take your hair a shower everyday!!!

hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • ShwetaK2130
    ShwetaK2130 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone .. Will increase my protien intake and yes I am on low calories... Maybe I should start eating more of healthy calories instead of cutting those down to have such nasty side effects ..
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Try high dose vit D.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone .. Will increase my protien intake and yes I am on low calories... Maybe I should start eating more of healthy calories instead of cutting those down to have such nasty side effects ..

I think that's a very good idea - if eating low calorie is making your hair fall out, it's clearly not good for your body.
    Eat more, stay healthy, lose weight - win/win!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I did WW! I was so upset I cried. The good news is that it does grow back. My doctor said my hair loss and hair dryness were probably caused by two things. 1) I wasn't eating my healthy fats - so my good cholesterol also tanked. 2) I shocked my body by losing weight too fast (which also made it hard to keep off long term) so that my body thought I was starving and needed the energy put into essentials rather than hair.

I'd say eat more healthy fats (avocado, nuts, olive oil, etc) and maybe take a supplement with Omega-3s like my doctor told me to do. Check your weight loss rate too - if its at 2lbs a week or more you might be pushing too hard, too fast. Let yourself plateau just a little without losing your healthy habits and your hair will come back. In the mean time, try an olive oil conditioner - it works great on dry scalp and hair without making you feel greasy. Hair regrowth feels really slow so be patient. It will come back.