Coffee?

Options

Replies

• Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee, it's amazing what it'll do before a work out! Jillian Micheals said somewhere (can't recall if it was magazine, her facebook or an online article) that a cup before working out is a good thing.
  • CS1012
    CS1012 Posts: 4
    Options
    If you buy good coffee and grind it yourself you may actually find you don't need cream or sugar. I've grown to love local coffee, which I grind, and then use filtered water in a french press (SUPER easy and I can do it at work). No cream, no sugar. No additional calories. We get hooked on all the junk we put in our coffee when the emphasis should be on the coffee itself. :)

Splenda / Equal / Sweet 'n Low is processed and contains chemicals. Forego it. And creamer, even fat-free creamer -- look at the ingredients. So much fake stuff. If you want something creamy, go with milk, soy milk (unflavored/unsweetened), almond milk, etc.
  • shaylo80
    shaylo80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! When I make it at home I drink it black with a sprinkling of cinnamon (which is a mega food - good for so many things!) but when I'm out and about I have to drink it with cream and sugar - that's a rare treat. Like so many people posted, as long as it's within your calories, why wouldn't you drink it?
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup everyday....fresh ground beans, take it black. Add it to your calorie log and drink coffee!
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    I think you've got your answer......and another yes from me :)
    We gotta have some fun in life :flowerforyou:
  • tmcmillion
    tmcmillion Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh my, YES< YES< YES :) fat free creamer and no calorie sugar.... MMMMM GOOD don't forget to drink water also
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can take my International Delight Almond Joy Creamer when you pry it out of my cold dead hands.
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cannot give up the coffee either, I have at least 2 cups a day, sometimes more. I use Coffeemate Natural Bliss one tablespoon to 2 cups of coffee and a packet of truvia. Any other creamers are loaded with junk. my total for two cups ends up being about 39 calories depending on the brand of coffee. <3 my Keurig!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    YES. I loooove me so coffee :heart:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Absolutely! Drink it however you like, just know what you are putting into it and account for it. Just like anything you eat or drink.

I tend to stay away from Coffeemate creamers however because they have hydrogenated oils in them, but the International brand creamers don't. Of course, good old half & half is my fave!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes, I still drink it! I also use the sugar free creamer and I found that it's sweeter to me than regular creamer so I end up not using as much sugar/sugar substitute. I don't know that I could make it through the work day without it!
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    No coffee? Why bother getting out of bed?
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have 20oz of coffee everyday with skim milk and splenda...
  • bditty187
    bditty187 Posts: 14
    Options
    I drink black coffee often!
  • proudmommy1102
    Options
    Ummmm yes!!! I have coffee every morning! Now drinking Starbucks everyday loaded with all the yummy stuff is bad, but reg cup of joe with Splenda and measured creamer your totally fine! Enjoy!
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I still drink my coffee, though I usually keep myself to 1 cup (a rather large one:) ). But I have also found that drinking coffee tends to keep me from drinking water, and with the caffeine, can leave me dehydrated. So i make sure I have at least 16 oz of water in the morning before my coffee, and then plenty throughout the day as well.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192
    Options
    If you buy good coffee and grind it yourself you may actually find you don't need cream or sugar. I've grown to love local coffee, which I grind, and then use filtered water in a french press (SUPER easy and I can do it at work). No cream, no sugar. No additional calories. We get hooked on all the junk we put in our coffee when the emphasis should be on the coffee itself. :)

Splenda / Equal / Sweet 'n Low is processed and contains chemicals. Forego it. And creamer, even fat-free creamer -- look at the ingredients. So much fake stuff. If you want something creamy, go with milk, soy milk (unflavored/unsweetened), almond milk, etc.

I was going to respond, but CS1012 just said the exact same thing I was going to type. The french press after grinding your own beans is just incredible.

Also, the fake sugars are horrible. I am allergic to phenylalanine which is GREAT IMO, since avoiding that alone cuts out a TON of bad food :smile:
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee! Coffee after a nice dinner can be a great low cal alternative to dessert! Check out the Starbuck's nutrition page, some of their concoctions aren't the worst -- key word SOME.....
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    That is the one thing I refuse to give up. In fact, if I have it before my main meal of the day I tend to eat less as well.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I get a double shot of espresso at Sheetz instead of my usual cup of sugar and milk laden coffee at home. I just can't stand a full cup of coffee without adding something, so I get espresso, drink it really fast in the car before I drive off, and I have my boost of energy with only 10 calories.