stretch marks on the tummy...AHHH!

Options
ok ya'll, so I'm the mother of a wonderful two year old but she left my stomach looking like I'm part tiger, part olympic wreath. I'm trying to lose weight and tone up (which I've never had to do before) and i'm super concerned that because of the amount of stretch marks, I won't be able to firm my stomach skin and be forever bound to flabby puckered mom belly. Does anyone know if that this is true or not or have proof they overcame the mommy belly? Thanks!!

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You can overcome it however it has a lot to do with how much the skin was stretched, how old you are, how long it was stretched for and mainly genetics.

There are TONS of moms here that have flat tummys.

Be proud of the tiger stripes!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    First pic is where I started in January---mom belly complete with stretch marks. Second pic is from this past weekend...mom belly be gone (posted these as a NSV earlier today)! I still have stretch marks, but they've faded over time, and I'm 27, my son is 5 now. Eating right (about 85% of the time), a good mix of strength training and cardio, and I've lost a total of 20 lbs (2 prior to joining MFP) and 2, almost 3 pants sizes. It can be done!! There are lots of hot moms on here :)

Body52120112.jpg?t=1334157825

Body562012.jpg?t=1336398756
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    wow, you give me hope!!! I'm not new to stretch marks, i've always had them on my upper arms and inner thighs but i nearly had a heartattack when i saw the first stretch mark near my belly button lol. You look amazing thank you for the inspiration! :)
  • rachelthefinn
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I have been worried about the same thing, and I'm so glad to see that it can be done! It seems like I've had such a hard time keeping weight off since my son was born (almost 8 years ago now!), but I know that if I do the work, I will see the results. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • ArtistisTrista
    ArtistisTrista Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was about to post something similar. Gained quite a bit of weight with my pregnancy - lost 42lbs so far (ticker says 35 because I joined MFP after the first few weeks). My stomach just looks... it's a damn train wreck. ): But, I'll keep at it!
  • slamb1020
    slamb1020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This has always been a concern of mine.. i wonder if anyone else would have any motivaitonal before and after pics..!?
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    I saw this on another post - pretty much says it all!!!

407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

Also, If I see someone with a rockin' body, stretch marks are the last thing I notice!
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!! Being a mom of triplets I know about stretch marks!! AGHHH!! But I am proud to have them!