how is this even possible????

Options

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Used to work for a rental company, the handyman used to walk around singing all day:
    "If I had a hammer, I would hammer all day"
    I always thought it was creepy......

It's a folk song by Peter, Paul, and Mary from the 1960's...it's about freedom, google the lyrics~
  • Blondeone10
    Blondeone10 Posts: 21
    Options
    I think I will have to do a long lunch and work late so I can see this!:blushing:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Mjolnir can only be weilded by Thor. but her weight wouldn't be added to his when he's fighting. in Thor the ice giants tossed him around when he was holding her too. as long as he's weilding her, or holding her, she's the weight of a sledgehammer. if someone w/o the power of Thor tries to pick her up on their own, they can't lift her.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    How does Iron Man pick up Thor when he's holding his hammer????? :huh:

I mean, Thor is a pretty big guy, you'd think Iron Man would need both hands. Plus, isn't it hard to reach his hammer while wearing his metal suit, or is there an easy access point?
    Mjolnir is mystical in the sense that only Thor can "lift" it to wield it. As long a Thor has it in his hands, he can be picked up. Look at any of his old comics and you'll see that in many battles this has happened.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    **closes eyes and shuts ears**

I haven't seen it yet :angry:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    All I saw was 'easy access' :flowerforyou:
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love that I am not the only girl out there who is into these movies!!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is comic book science but is an anomaly within that science. Since Thor is holding his hammer the excessive weight property is null.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I love that I am not the only girl out there who is into these movies!!!

My dad had some old comic books from the 1960s lying around and I used to read them over and over and over. I love this stuff!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    How does Iron Man pick up Thor when he's holding his hammer????? :huh:

I mean, Thor is a pretty big guy, you'd think Iron Man would need both hands. Plus, isn't it hard to reach his hammer while wearing his metal suit, or is there an easy access point?

I think the answer is all in the antecedent.
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I will gladly hold IronMan and Thor's hammers....
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the comic book explanation for this is, but the hammer only seems to be super heavy when Thor isn't already carrying it. Don't question the movie physics. :laugh:

hehehe :laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    See the problem was you tried to joke about an important and serious subject matter. I find no room for humor in discussing comic book character match ups.

Some things are sacred after all.
  • denisekh88
    denisekh88 Posts: 53
    Options
    hahaha thanks for making me laugh today :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is comic book science but is an anomaly within that science. Since Thor is holding his hammer the excessive weight property is null.

I'm not talking about Thor holding his hammer, I mean Iron Man is holding his hammer & picking up Thor....

*headdesk*

Quick English lesson: How does Iron Man pick up Thor when he's holding his hammer?????

That sentence reads that Iron Man picked up Thor and Thor was holding the hammer. If you wanted us to understand your question, you should have written it such:

"How does Iron Man pick up Thor when Iron Man is already holding Thor's hammer?"
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It's not the weight of the hammer, in the viking saga's Thor possessed gauntlets that allowed him to hold Miolnir.
  • JupitersGhost
    Options
    I don't recall Iron Man picking up Thor's hammer in the film? I must have missed that bit. Or am I getting totally confused as to what's being asked?

However, in mythology, only Thor can pick the hammer up. As seen in Avengers, Hulk tries to pick it up and fails. That's not because it's too heavy - no one can lift it full stop.