Guiltless Alfredo-trust me on this

Options
dlongshot7
dlongshot7 Posts: 79
Ok Ok... we all look at low fat recipes and think that is just not going to taste as good, or for me I hate when people say "You can't even tell its "DIET"" WTF EVER.... but I'm going to have to eat my words because this alfredo sauce is DAMN good.. I found this on the internet and tweaked it a little to be even healthier.

This recipe will make roughly 2.5 cups, you can add more milk to make it go a little further if you have too. For 1/2 cup it is 157 calories. Which isnt bad compared to traditional alfredos...

Guiltless Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
2 C fat free milk
1/3 C (3 oz) fat free cream cheese
1 1/2-2 Tbls flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbls butter
3 garlic cloves
1 C grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese

Instructions:

Place milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. In a non-stick sauce pan, melt butter on med-high heat and add garlic. Let the garlic saute for about 30 seconds, you don’t want to burn it. (I'm not a big fan of Chunks of garlic, so after they sauted in the butter I scooped most of the garlic chunks out, but I left the garlic infused butter in the pan to add to the milk mixture)

Then add milk mixture to the pan. Stir constantly for about 3 or 4 minutes or until it just comes to a simmer. Keep stirring and let it cook for a few minutes more. It should be much thicker now.

When it’s nice and thickened remove the pan from the heat. Add the cheese, stir it up and then cover immediately. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before using. It will continue to thicken upon standing. Also, if you have leftovers in the fridge, the sauce will thicken almost into a solid. Just re-heat and add a little milk and it will be back to normal again.

Hope you enjoy as much as I have the last couple nights... feels like I'm cheating eatting this its that good.

Replies