Do you add salad and vegetables on your mfp food log??

Options
I have not been adding in veg and salad foods (cucumber, tomato, lettuce, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower etc), but I do log fruit and potatoes, peas and parsnips.

The reason I ask is that I have done weight watchers in the past and other similar plans and as part of that you dont point/record the food I have given above as it is mostly water based.

What do others do?? Thanks :happy:

Replies

• threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I record it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    yes, because they still have calories.

carrots might only be 35 calories in 3oz, but they're not negative calories...
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do but it's because I often eat several hundred or more calories of these foods a day!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yes. I track everything. If it has calories I track it.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I log everything. All of those veggies have calories. Even if they are minimal calories, they still add in to my day.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes into my mouth because everything has calories (except water, of course).
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If it goes into your mouth, track it. Period. :)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yep I do!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I do too.. just for the simple fact that even though its low in calories, it still adds to the vitamins and nutrients in my log.. that way if I look back at my weekly logs (which I do to figure out where I went wrong or what worked/didn't work) it shows more accurately where my vitamin/nutrient overages and missed goals were.

It helps when I'm 'troubleshooting' my weight loss. I'm an engineer.. I do that.
  • Ildiko17
    Ildiko17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I track everything as well. This is the only way I can hold myself truly accountable for every food or drink I put in my mouth.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I track it all, down to the seasonings I use. I like to look at my nutrients for the day/week
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I record it all, because I am trying to establish better eating habits (prioritize eating veggies and protein meals with moderate amounts of carbs instead of overeating carbs.) It's nice to see it written out. Also gives me ideas for later meals in case I can't think what to prepare!

In other words, tracking helps me establish good habits!:smile:
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options

LOL ^^^^This^^^
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking everything, too, but since I almost always make a green salad the same way, I created a recipe for it so I don't have to add every ingredient each time. Saves some time.
  • tashalizzie
    tashalizzie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - I'll be adding them in from now on!!! x
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

This
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I track everything! I don't see a point not to.

I have done WW too and they say don't log certain things however like others have said, you could easily eat a few hundred calories of veggies in a day and if you don't track them you would forget.

I like to have absolutely everything logged so I can look back on good weeks and bad weeks and see everything that I've consumed. I log toppings, salads, fruits, oils used etc.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have not been adding in veg and salad foods (cucumber, tomato, lettuce, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower etc), but I do log fruit and potatoes, peas and parsnips.

The reason I ask is that I have done weight watchers in the past and other similar plans and as part of that you dont point/record the food I have given above as it is mostly water based.

What do others do?? Thanks :happy:

I add everything. Just because something like raw spinach is low in calories, does not mean it is low in nutrients. And besides, all those little things can add up over the day!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yes I don't know why I wouldn't. They have calories.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    The only things I don't track are things that are void of calories (Franks Red Hot, pickles, mustard, green tea, etc). WW factors that in as a way for people to feel good about eating veggies. MPF isn't WW. Record every calorie food that goes in your mouth. It will make a difference.