Do you add salad and vegetables on your mfp food log??

Options

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yes. This is MFP, not WW. Two different programs.
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I log everything except things that simply register as 0 cals like dried spices, salt and pepper
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes I log everything. Weight Watchers is not calorie based which is why those are free foods.
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    I asked the same question, out of curiousity, I hadn't been logging any fruit and veggies....I decided I will log the fruits, but not the veggies from now on. It's working for me. That is all
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I record it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Same. Calories are calories and they ADD UP FAST. Track it all
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I do just to make sure I'm getting enough :)
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If I didn't log foods like salad and vegetables there wouldn't be much point in me logging my food since that's mostly what I eat. Besides, there are more reasons to track what I eat than just to count calories.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I log everyyyyyyyyyyyyyyything. No matter what :)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    uhh yeah. lol most days i eat 200-350 calories of fruit and veggies. better record it!!!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I record everything. Vegetables, vitamins, tea, coffee, gum, kombucha, condiments.....It's a little anal, but I figure I now know exactly what I am consuming.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    for a few weeks i did not add veggies or fruits to my log.. I wasn't dropping weight. when i started adding them.. i started dropping. some people don't log them.. and lose.. i think it depends on the person and what other things you are eating.
  • sunshineshica
    sunshineshica Posts: 277
    Options
    yes i put in everything cuz just about everything has calories. A publix salad bag with carrots,cabbage and lettuce is 15 calories a cup. the only thing thus far with no calories i noticed is mustard
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    If it goes into your mouth, track it. Period. :)

This
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Definitely record it, 1) they are calories, the point of logging is to keep track and 2) keeps track of how many servings of vegetables you're getting on a regular basis. I like to know how I'm doing
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Meh. It all depends on how I'm feeling. If I'm eating an actual salad, I log everything. If I'm eating a veggie as a side dish, I log it. If I'm making eggs or a chicken salad and I use 1 Tablespoon of onions and 1 Tablespoon of bellpepper, I don't log the onions and bellpepper.

This works for me. Find out what works for you, and run with it (unless it's scissors...never run with scissors).
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I add it... As I said in another thread, I eat a bunch of carbs each day in produce and typically have a good sized salad so I need to count them all.
  • dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I log everything with very few exceptions.. I want an accurate view of what I put in my mouth everyday.

What I do not log is condiments (ketchup, mustard), and things like crystal light which is typically 5 calories, or if i eat like one smartie or something. But as a general rule I log everything, Fruits, vegies, salad even the one leaf of lettuce on my sammich.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I track nearly everything. Everything but water has calories, and they will add up.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Always. They have calories too.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I track everything, except for my coffee(creamer,sugar) I don't know why...:huh: