Do you add salad and vegetables on your mfp food log??

Options

Replies

• sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    For sure...I track it all.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I record everything I put in my mouth except for water and black coffee.
  • prsusa38
    prsusa38 Posts: 29
    Options
    You should count everything in the salad...it adds calories, however, they are good ones...
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Log all the food, even the calorie free ones, cause even some of those contain sugars, sodium etc... unless of course your goal is to lie to yourself. in that case, carry on not logging.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If I eat it...I count it! If I drink it....might not count it...LOL
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    log it all. I did WW and it worked to a point then they switched the program and it did nothing for me. So with that said track it no matter how few calories it is.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I do and not only just for counting the calories. It's a good way for me to monitor how many servings of fruits & vegetables I'm getting each day. I'll admit that I skip something like the leaf of lettuce on a sandwich, but for the most part, yes, I record them.
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yes---for three reasons: (1) I'm pretty detail-oriented and it would drive me crazy to know I've consumed something and not enter it into my food diary. (2) I want an overall picture of what I'm eating each day to be sure I have a well balanced, healthy diet for the most part. (3) It makes a more accurate record of nutritional information, which is also useful.

I, too started with WW, and when I found MFP it seemed the perfect place to record my food intake accurately. Even then, I counted all fruits and vegetables, even if I discounted them from the overall point total for each day. After about two weeks of doing that, I dropped WW and simply used MFP. One reason is that, for me, the emphasis on points was not a good thing. It made me feel that so many perfectly acceptable foods were unacceptable because of the perceived high point value. However, logging food at MFP made me realize that I could incorporate foods that I formally thought wouldn't work with WW into my weekly diet and still eat healthy and continue to lose weight. I felt that, over time this way of eating would be far more sustainable than WW points. Also, why make more work for myself by having to figure out the NI, convert it into whatever WW's latest point formula is, and then record it? I feel I'm making better food choices by just using MFP. Finally, when I came here I discovered that, using WW points, I was consuming under 1000 calories each day, which I felt was neither healthy nor sustainable. I will trade a slower weight loss for a more healthy, sustainable weight loss; and, frankly, my rate of weigh loss has remained about the same with either method.

In no way is this meant as a criticism of WW. It worked for me while I was on it (never attended a meeting or joined online, I just followed their methods), and I know it has worked for many others. However, I've made the decision that, for me, MFP is simpler, more effective, and sustainable. But regardless of whether I stayed on WW or not, yes, I would record everything.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, every veggie, ever single ingredient that goes into my mouth I track. You'd be amazed at how quick 15-30 cald adds up. ;D
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat. I'm not great about logging coffee, creamer and water that I drink, but I try and log everything else. No other way to know what you are taking in.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you wouldn't- it's good to track everything you're eating so if you're plateauing you can go back and remember exactly what you're eating. You're not likely to plateau because of vegetables, but it's good to see that you're eating enough of them, too.
  • terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Options
    yep... Im with the others.. if eat it (or drink it), track it...
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth I log it b/c every little bit adds up....
  • elmarko123
    elmarko123 Posts: 89
    Options
    Well, if you eat a reasonable amount of veggies it could be between 50 and 150 calories a day extra - so worth logging.
  • SparklesPlenty
    SparklesPlenty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I record it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I do too.. just for the simple fact that even though its low in calories, it still adds to the vitamins and nutrients in my log.. that way if I look back at my weekly logs (which I do to figure out where I went wrong or what worked/didn't work) it shows more accurately where my vitamin/nutrient overages and missed goals were.

It helps when I'm 'troubleshooting' my weight loss. I'm an engineer.. I do that.

^^This
  • TheReese1206
    TheReese1206 Posts: 238
    Options
    Yes. I log it ALL. The ONLY time I do not log is if I do not have access to mfp. Like a bad wifi connection or service.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I did weight watcher before so I know where you are coming from. I don't mind logging them because the are usually minimal in calories. I track my macros (fat, protein, carbs) so I want to know what I am eating nutrition wise which is important to me. I think WW is a great way to start eating healthy, but I think MFP helps me eat healthy for life.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I track it all, down to the seasonings I use. I like to look at my nutrients for the day/week

^^^^this

It helps me see if there still thing I need to change like not eating enough vegetables.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Yes, everything has calories so needs to be logged. If you eat your allowance plus 500 cals of veg, you will still gain a pound the same as if you ate 500 cals of chocolate!

WW compensates for the 'free' fruit & veg by giving you a lower point / calorie allowance to begin with.
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    I was doing the WW points plus plan and was very successful on it and the fruits/veggies are 0 points. (I've lost 90 lbs so far) I have been experimenting with a comparable way to do that plan on MFP since the extra weekly points and the "free" fruits/veggies makes the WW plan very doable and encourages eating more of the healthy foods (which I generally do anyway). I was tracking my calories and points, comparing (I eat a lot of the same foods daily so it wouldn't change much) and for me, I discovered my daily WW points were very close to my daily MFP calories, not including the fruits/veggies, so personally, I don't count them on MFP. So far its working!! I'm trying to limit my fruit to 3 lower sugar fruits per day but if I had more I would track it, and I generally don't eat the higher carb type veggies but will track those when I do. I do eat a lot of veggies tho!! That's just what works for me I've found that not everything works the same for everyone. Finding what works best for you is what's important!! Good luck!!