I need ideas on new healthy meals...

Options
Since I've started losing weight I've been eating healthier.... but I'm kinda getting sick of eating the same stuff over and over. Anyone have some yummy ideas? I'm not a particularly picky eater. I do have a problem with the texture of beans, or any kind of cooked vegetable. I love raw... but I seriously cannot stomach cooked vegetables. A person can only eat so much salad.... Any input would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

It will change your life, seriously. This woman is fantastic at making healthy meals that taste like "cheating." I haven't found something I don't like yet!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Here is my dinner plan for this week. And feel free to look at my diary to see my breakfast, snacks and lunches. (Note: I've been off the wagon for a week or two ... lol)

Sun: bacon-wrapped pork loin, grilled asparagus, rice

Mon: egg drop soup w/asparagus, pork potstickers, rice

Tues: Yucatan baked chicken, diablo corn

Wed: Smoked sausage, sauteed new potatoes, broccoli

Thurs: OUT

Fri: Greek pork, tabouli

Sat: OUT
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey girllll
    have you tried roasted veggies? they are my new fav
    roasted sweet potatoes/red potatoes/broccoli/kale
    i use about a teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper roast at 400 degrees for about 10-20 minutes its delish!
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I like skinnytaste as well (although she uses a little too much canned stuff for my taste).

Try mynewroots.com also. She is a raw chef and her raw brownie recipe was mind-blowingly delicious.

http://mynewroots.blogspot.com/2011/04/raw-brownie.html
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    also taco salads are one of my favs and you can do refried beans instead of whole beans if that texture is better for you. there's fat free shredded cheese and delicious salsas, avocado, a FEW chips, mixed greens, brown rice mmmm
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Also try hungrygirl.com YUM.

You can eat anything you want - if you are making it, substitute the low or no fat versions and watch your portions - I just made tuna noodle casserole and it was yummy and low cal. So not like when i was a kid haha.

Good luck
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've found that grilling vegetables versus roasting/baking/sauteeing has a much better taste to me. I don't like asparagus or eggplant any other way and I prefer zucchini & squash grilled too. You'd be surprised about broccoli that way also.
    I also experiment with grilled chicken or salmon, trying different seasonings or marinades (Lemon pepper & salt are my "Go-to"s.
  • mjlobeau
    mjlobeau Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    check out www.hungry-girl.com
    lots of good recipes.
  • ffffaaatttt
    ffffaaatttt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Also try hungrygirl.com YUM.

You can eat anything you want - if you are making it, substitute the low or no fat versions and watch your portions - I just made tuna noodle casserole and it was yummy and low cal. So not like when i was a kid haha.

Good luck

Wow I appreciate the input everyone! In response to this quote... however, I don't just want to lower my portions and continue to eat stuff that's not good for me. I want to change the way I consume. I want to eat fresh foods, not processed. Organic foods.... I will never stop eating meat, or cheese for that matter. (Sorry vegans and vegetarians you can't have me! ) ;) I am interested in the raw diet concept.... IDK... I feel like if I just diet, then once I loose the weight it's like..."Oh that means I can stop now". When my goal is to change my lifestyle so that I am forever eating awesome foods, that are also healthy. Also, I want to cook good meals that my family can enjoy.... because I want them to be healthy too, and fortunately for them weight loss is not a concern for them.
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    I steam a lot of my vegies with some herbs I like them to still crunch so I lower the time i steam them.I also use alot of organic like kale organic eggs,ect
  • ffffaaatttt
    ffffaaatttt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I steam a lot of my vegies with some herbs I like them to still crunch so I lower the time i steam them.I also use alot of organic like kale organic eggs,ect

If you introduce any amount of heat to my vegetables... I will throw it in the trash. LOL... Nothing is as good as the watery crunch you get when you eat it raw.... Guess I better get use to eating a lot more salad, huh? LOL
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump! Cant wait to check this out!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    everything on skinnytaste.com is freakin delicious