what's for breakfast

Options
Ok I just wanna see what you all have for breakfast. include pics and recipes if you would like. I figure this topic can maybe help give new ideas to people like myself who have ran out of ideas as to what to eat for breakfast. So let's hear what your breakfast is like thruout the week.

I work early mon-fri and I eat breakfast bars on those days on weekends it depends on my mood but i ususlly like eggs

Replies

• Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with cinnamon agave and banana (will be going back to honey once the last of the agave is gone)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Coffee of course and Eco-planet Hot cereal. 7 whole grains of goodness inside.

I'll have an apple soon and lunch at Noon.

I typically do hot cereal at work and fruit around 11am.

On weekends I'm more active so the breakfast is larger and more substantial.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    what is Quinoa?
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I can tend to get stuck in a loop of set things for breakfast but here's the list:

Porridge made with a little milk, little water and then a range of sugar/agave nectar/fresh fruit/dried fruit on top. Averaging at 300 cals if that.

2 x toast with butter and poached eggs for 400 cals.

Toast with Heinz pasta shapes (no butter) 320 cals.

BLT with 2 rashers of grilled bacon and no butter: 360 cals.

3 egg mushroom omelette made with fry-light: 260 cals

I'm in maintenance and when losing I would eat small sachets of porridge made with water for about 120 cals. I couldn't bare to ever go back to this as I used to end up being so hungry. I do firmly believe that a good breakfast really does help set me up for the day and make me feel less like I'm dieting or watching what I eat. I would recommend aimng for a 300 cals breakfast most days. From my personal experience anyway! xx
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    Bumping it up. Let's keep this one going
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 egg omelet, sometimes w/ cheese, sometimes partially with egg whites, turkey bacon, and a slice of toast.

and coffee, of course.
  • grendella
    grendella Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Coffee.

same
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had honey bunches of oat with a orange and banana. oh and some orange juice
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a granola bar. The Keurig machine is the closest I can come to cooking in the morning.

On a weekend I like to have scrambled eggs, after I've woken up enough to be able to cook.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I had 125g of slow roasted pork shoulder and two fried eggs.
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am weird. I love non breakfast foods for breakfast. Today I had a baked potato covered in 1/2 c of homemade split pea soup.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    depends how lucky I am
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I usually go for oatmeal and brown sugar with a little almond milk or else 2 eggs and 1 piece of whole-grain toast.

Those things usually stick with me until lunch time. Every once in a while, I have cheerios with almond milk (no sugar) with banana, raspberries or strawberries on top. But it makes me hungry faster so I don't do that as often.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I've been making an effort to eating different things for breakfast here's a few of my personal faves:

Pita pocket w/ 2-3 tablespoons of almond butter & sliced banana
    Pita Pocket w/ 2-3 almond butter & 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
    hard boiled eggs
    apple & almond butter
    oatmeal w/ banana & almond butter
    Scrambled egg (in a pita pocket or tortilla w/ salsa)
    Poached eggs on toast
    Fried eggs & toast w/ bacon
    Scrambled egg w/ bacon on toast (breakfast sandwich)

the list goes on and on....just depends on what I feel like eating.

Oh and coffee, every day! Some days it's iced coffee, other days it's regular coffee. Go coffee! lol
  • fittorow
    fittorow Posts: 28
    Options
    Today was oatmeal and a tablespoon of peanut butter, with dark chocolate chips. And a navel orange on the side. And fried egg whites c:
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with kale, frozen banana and mango and almond milk. Sometimes PB2 and or chia seeds in there as well. Keeps me full and energized for hours :smile:
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've just started making a green smoothie in the mornings and drink it on my way into work.

1-2 c spinach
    1 banana
    1/2 c blueberries
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    1/2-1 c light vanilla soy milk
    Ice

It's super easy, especially in a single serving blender. I am going to start adding some oatmeal to the smoothie to get in my grains as well to make it a complete meal :smile:
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have yogurt, fruit and granola, or a dippy egg with toast at work. ALWAYS with coffee