Zumba shoes??

Options
Can anyone recommend a good comfortable shoe to wear for Zumba? My Reebok Zigzags won't cut it. I have a low arch and find my foot movements very stiff and not comfortable at alll!

Replies

• Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    And when someone figures it out, can they please let me know? Same problem!
  • kbutlerrvt
    kbutlerrvt Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to use Sketchers Tone-Ups. They worked great! I have heard toning shoes are the best. I am currently using the Zigs, as well and do not like them for it near as much.
  • fluffygoodness
    fluffygoodness Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    honestly i dance barefoot or with non skid socks. i have the same arch problem.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a low arch, too. Vibram five fingers FTW!
  • lhdickie91
    lhdickie91 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a pair of Capezio dance trainers, I find them great for arch support and flexible enough for Zumba :)
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A lot of the girls in my class wear runner/dancing shoes. They are pricey but are probably your best bet. You can buy them from any dance wear shop. the other thing they use is the shoe grips you can put on over your runners they apparently help.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not sure my instructor would be okay with that hehe :) Which is why I danced at home when I couldn't wear shoes a while.
    honestly i dance barefoot or with non skid socks. i have the same arch problem.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wear my volleyball shoes (mizuno wave lighting) and they work great for me. they're very light
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    Options
    I wear Nike Musique (they're basically the same as the Nike cheerleading shoes), but I have normal arches. They provide good lateral support and have a pretty smooth sole (with a pivot point), so they're not too "grippy".
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post as well. Nike Musique are great! I wear those as well. Anything sneak with less grip is probably going to be your best bet. Also Ryka make a dance type shoe as well. DSW carries it. Nike Musique may be hard to find. I had to order mine from Zappos.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My instructor recommended Glagla shoes, but I haven't bought them yet. http://www.coolestshoesincalifornia.com/shop/category.php?id_category=13

I'm sure you can find them on other websites too, that's just where she told me she purchases from.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Capezio dance trainers, I find them great for arch support and flexible enough for Zumba :)

I'm pretty much completely flatfooted and these are what I use, too :)
  • Julcandoit
    Julcandoit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wear Ryka studio shoes (black). http://www.zappos.com/ryka-studio-d-granite-gunmetal-white
    Great fit and comfy too :-)
  • tmiller340
    tmiller340 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love my Bloch (dance) sneakers available online. Just be sure to order them a half to full size larger than your normal shoes.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am ready to make a change. I have pretty much worn mine down. :-)
  • rydermichelle
    rydermichelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba, and I love the Champion low profile runners / sneakers.

If you have a really grippy floor that you do Zumba on the black and white ones with the little bit of felt on the bottom are perfect.

If you have one that is a little bit slippery, use the Champion runners / sneakers with the cushion fit bottoms.

I found them at payless shoe source.

Flatter the bottom surface of the shoe, the better.

I do not suggest wearing tone-ups or anything that would distort your natural alignment, you may get injuries that way!!
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wear the Nike Dual Fusion ST 2....luv'em! and some really good socks helps!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I teach and I wear the Zumba shoes. You can buy them on the Zumba site. Or any older shoe that
    is worn down (the pair in your closet that you have been meaning to get rid of)
    they will allow you to move and pivot with ease.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I teach and I wear the Zumba shoes. You can buy them on the Zumba site. Or any older shoe that
    is worn down (the pair in your closet that you have been meaning to get rid of)
    they will allow you to move and pivot with ease.
    posted twice sorry!