TRX and Move Strong

Options
I'm doing TRX for the first time today. I've got an appointment setup with a trainer and I'm looking forward to it. The gym also has Move Strong equipment, so he said we can work in some of that. I've been doing a mix of P90X-2 and Insanity, so I think I'll be ok for it.

Have any of y'all tried either of these workouts?

Replies

• pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I've done TRX classes at 2 different places - the classes could not have been more different. One was more stretching, balance, and strength style (tied to specifc number of repetitions of moves) and the other was much more cardio based and designed around doing moves for set amounts of time. I run, do mixed cardio and strength training regularly and intially found the moves very challenging because they did use differnt muscle groups in different ways. it did get much easier after a few sessions, and I've really enjoyed it!!
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    TRX....FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Strength, definition, power, and burn all in one.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    My friend is going to school for sports science or whatever they call it lol, and she found a personal trainer to shadow for one of her classes, and one of the classes she teaches is TRX.

Anyways, my friend said is was the hardest workout she had ever done in her life, but she continues to go free of charge. She really likes the workout, but it can be intense I guess.
    I've never done it, but have fun! It's something different, and I'm sure you will enjoy mixing it up!
  • mrsrood
    mrsrood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started doing TRX and love it! I get a great calories burn and full body work out. I have a long way to go as some of the moves are very hard for me, but I like having something to aim for. I feel like it works the muscles in a new way. I also figure if the muscles are not getting worked hard enough, at least I am getting a great calorie burn. I normally burn about 600 calories.
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone, I appreciate it. I have no idea what type of setup he is going to have for me today. More cardio or strength/stretching. I guess I'll find out. But doing Insanity and P90X2, I get a good mix of both (P90X2 has a lot of stability strength work) and I burn between 700 and 1,100 calroies during those workouts. So hopefully I can keep up. I'm going to wear my HRM for it to see what kind of burn I get. I know that I'm going to be sore in 48 hours, even with some foam rolling and getting workouts in tomorrow and Thursday. Haha.

Thanks again!