From 205 to 155 *I think i'm a success story!*

Options
Ding724
Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
I never thought that I could be happy with my appearance and be healthy again. I thought once I gained all the weight I'd just be the "big girl" forever. (I was a healthy weight in high school, then a bit underweight in college, and then spiraled out of control in the first year of my marriage...gaining 35 lbs in a little less than a year). Needless to say, I was embarrassed and ashamed of my body; I hated going out with my husband, family and friends because I felt so horrible and felt like an ogre. I ran across this site on one of my lowest days. and I joined thinking that if I failed, at least I didn't have to pay for it. What did I have to lose, right?

It turns out, I had ALOT to lose. And ALOT to learn!

I'm 5'9 1/4" and have gone from 204.8 lbs to 155.
I've been maintaining my current weight for almost an entire year now!!!!!!!!!!! Praise Jesus!

If someone would have told me 2 years ago that I'd be doing P90X right now and be forming some killer ab & arm muscles, I probably would have cried and called them a filthy liar...and yet here I am today, doing just that.

**Thought i'd post some pics and my story for everyone to see. I hope it can encourage or inspire even 1 person! And lastly: always do your best to remember, if I can do it, so can you! Learn to be your biggest fan instead of your biggest critic and you will go far**

I couldn't have done this without my amazing husband, Andrew (who has also lost 30 lbs), my family, my friends, and all my amazing girlies here on mfp! love you all! :heart: :flowerforyou:

Pictures from when I was at my heaviest...
2010tripgross.jpg
fall2010again.jpg
005.jpg

Here is after a few month on mfp (between 20-30 lbs lost)
chanhassen.jpg
175dec9.jpg
christmasletter.jpg

And here are several from the past year at my current weight of approximately 155 :smile: :smile: :smile:
163dress.jpg
022.jpg
432.jpg
september.jpg
020.jpg
28days.jpg
120413-131211.jpg

For those who are interested: I've done all kinds of workouts: 30 day shred, elliptical, jogging, walking, biking, strength training at the gym (with the guidance of my brilliant husband), random youtube video workouts...and now i'm doing P90X! :smile:

***ALSO ---> I'm on day 43 of P90X and am hoping to lower my body fat from 24.1% down to <22 :smile: Hopefully I will have some before/after pics to come in the next couple months!
*and I know that my hair goes from brown, to blonde, to almost black throughout these! haha*

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Keep repeating that to yourself.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Awesome job!!
  • mayralee13
    mayralee13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You are such an amazing person and DEFINITELY a success story!!! Keep it up! You look fantastic in your recent photos, definitely glowing with happiness.
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • kayleygrav
    kayleygrav Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you look awesome.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    awesome progress girl. keep at that p90x, you rock
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You look GREAT!!! What an inspiration to me...and many others as well!! :smile:
  • jpratt1980
    jpratt1980 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You inspire me! Great job!!
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    U look fantastic!! and I think having black hair is gorgeous!! and I love your hair black!!!:} Girl didn't u know the secret? Ladies with black hair have more fun!!!LOL Keeep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    truly indeed....you are a success story! congrats you and your hubby, you both look awesome!
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You are definitely a success story!!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You know how I feel girlie! You are amazing and beautiful!!! I am honored to be your friend!!
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look wonderful!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Love ya Mandie! And yes, you ARE a success story :heart:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WOW, great job both of you. If you two can do this together, you'll be an amazing team for life !
  • chriswatson06
    Options
    thats so awesome, congrats!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :smile: :happy: :blushing: :laugh: thanks everyone!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    AMAZING PROGRESS!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!