What do YOU have for lunch?

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
Just curious what everybody usually has for lunch? Just trying to get some idea's to mix it up a little :) I usually go home for lunch but sometimes pack too, so any idea's are welcome :):drinker:

Replies

• mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Personally, I an a HUGE fan of Progresso Soups. There is a decent variety that are only 100 calories per serving. I usually heat and eat the whole can for lunch, and that's only 200 calories. They are quick,tasty & low calorie so I love them!!! Hope this helps you out...:happy:
  • greeneal
    Options
    I keep my lunches simple so there is not much to question as to what I am going to eat. I'll either go home and make a simple turkey sandwhich with a handful of baked lays (6" sub from subway on lazy days) or I pop a healthy choice meal in the microwave. These aren't so good if you have cholesterol problems, but if you just need to get the weight off they work wonders!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Personally, I an a HUGE fan of Progresso Soups. There is a decent variety that are only 100 calories per serving. I usually heat and eat the whole can for lunch, and that's only 200 calories. They are quick,tasty & low calorie so I love them!!! Hope this helps you out...:happy:

I normally eat either the Progresso or the Campbell's soups for lunch.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I usually eat leftovers of what I had for dinner the night before. But if I don't have leftovers, I eat a sandwich. I always pack my lunch the night before.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Eating Right brand makes what is essentially lean pockets and they are better than the hot pockets brand!
    Turkey sandwich on wheat.
    Open faced tuna melt using half a can of tuna and red pepper vinegrette thrown in the toaster oven with a little cheese.
    Toast, fruit, and yogurt.

and occasionally taquitos, even tho 2 of them is 200-some calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Ypu must be carefull with soups or frozen entres as the are usually full of sodium (salt) and may make you retain water, which in turn will make the scale go up, as water is quite heavy. Low sodium soups are good, try to stay under 500 mg/ serving/meal. Most soups have 2 servings of soup per can and each serving can range from 200mg up to 1000mg of salt. Read your labels folks.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I usually have leftovers from dinner. I make a salad or sandwich out of whatever the leftovers are if that is possible. If I don't have leftovers I usually have a salad of some sort or I buy the Green Giant frozen veggies that come in the steam bag and mix them with brown rice or cous cous.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I eat leftovers if I have them, but if I don't, I bring a good salad. Today is salad with roasted black beans and corn, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, flour tortilla crips and spicy ranch dressing. Mmmmmnnnnnn.... I can't wait!
  • Demetria
    Options
    I try to vary it, one day turkey, slice of cheese, greenleaf lettuce on whole wheat bread w/ baby carrots
    or natural peanut butter w/ simply fruit spreadable blueberry on whole wheat w/ a banana or other fruit
    or tuna w/ 1 T mayo & greenleaf lettuce on whole wheat bread w/ baby carrots
    or campbells tomatoe & herb soup, 2 servings w/ no salt crackers, 2 servings
    or if I am desperate then I will eat leftovers if there are any, lol.

Demetria
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner leftovers from the last few days for lunch. For instance, today is homemade eggplant parmesan & spaghetti squash which was dinner last Thursday. If I don't have leftovers, I most often make wraps of some kind usually involving chicken or tofu, some veggies & fruits, and some kind of light or spray salad dressing or sauce like BBQ, honey mustard, ranch, italian, caesar, etc.

They're really tasty, low calories, good protein & fiber (if you add enough veggies), and it's hard to get tired of them because there are so many possible combinations. The last wrap I ate last week was homemade chicken salad, lettuce, & alfalfa sprouts. Yum!

Oh, and I just use burrito sized flour tortillas as wraps because I'm really not into spending $3-4 for 8 wraps. :noway: The spinach and/or sundried tomato wraps are generally tasty, though, and probably contain some extra fiber so if you have money, go for it!
  • jillianarnould
    Options
    My lunches always vary; however, I generally do bring a scaled-down portion of leftovers. Also, I will try to bring a piece of fruit to snack on before lunch. Sometimes I make a tuna salad with albacore, relish, celery, cranberries, and about a tablespoon of mayo. I also have just had lots of veggies and a smothie from Tropical Smoothie. If you get them with Splenda they are around 160-200 calories.
  • Demetria
    Options
    Ypu must be carefull with soups or frozen entres as the are usually full of sodium (salt) and may make you retain water, which in turn will make the scale go up, as water is quite heavy. Low sodium soups are good, try to stay under 500 mg/ serving/meal. Most soups have 2 servings of soup per can and each serving can range from 200mg up to 1000mg of salt. Read your labels folks.

I feel the same way! LOL most of the campbells have 2.5 servings

Demetria
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Today I am eating a baked pork chop (very lean), steamed zucchinni, and sweet potato. I usually keep it simple that way I never have to think about what I am having. Sometimes I'll do chicken breast, steamed veggies, and brown rice.
  • tryingagain2
    tryingagain2 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    today I'm having a turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato on a whole wheat wrap....w/ avacado instead of mayo....mmm mmm good!

and a white nectarine and water of course :tongue:
  • Luludog1
    Options
    I like to switch it up between big salads with very little dressing, Boca burgers with.out the bun, with salsa on the side or home made chilli and such! Left over come into play a lot for me too.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Today I am having a Kashi dinner, Southwest chicken, so yummy!!!
    I believe it's around 240 calories, 5 grams of fat and 32 carbs. I love Kashi!!
  • renee22
    Options
    i have lots of veggies & some type of dip (hummus, black bean), fruit & a handful of almonds....or i throw the veggies & dip into a wrap....usually lots of raw foods - low calories, full of water & fiber...very filling :)
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    i usually always have peanut butter and jelly on wheat bread. i love pb&j's! plus i will eat an apple and a hand full of baby carrots with it. YUM!!!! Seems to be working pretty well, I've lost 30 pounds so far! :smile:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm a lean cuisine fiend!!! I believe their labels read fairly well for the most part. I too also LOVE the progresso soup, yes a whole can, yes without caring about the sodium content! ;) other days I totally enjoy gigantic salads! My fav is to not use dressing but some lgt sour cream and a TON of salsa and hot sauce (way creamy and super low cal) add some beans or chicken and a million veggies! YUM!
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Fat free turkey breat, 3 slices 50 calories, melba toast (4) about 90 calories and slice of light cheese (50 calories)and a fruit 80
    lots of water!!!!!!!!
    Make a salad the night before, add carrots,celery, beets, calroies reduced dressing - about 100 calories