Single mom, grad student looking for friends!

Options
Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm not really new to the site - I've been on and off for years. But I want to try to be healthier now again, and MFP has helped in the past! I live in MN, I'm 30, and I'm a single mom. My son is 7, and he has ADHD and ODD, if you know what that is. Basically he isn't able and/or willing to listen to people most of the time. :) I'm also in grad school (just finished comps! Woo!) so I have found it really hard to find time to work out and plan meals while also getting work done and being a mom. But I'm going to be taking an extra year now to get the rest of my life back on track after devoting it all to school for 3 years!

I'm just looking for people to keep me motivated and to help me see that other people are doing this and succeeding! Please add me if you like. Thanks!

Replies

• inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :). I'm pretty addicted to MFP. Comps as in master's in psychology?
  • rachelthefinn
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! I'm doing a doctorate in clinical psych, so after three years out of the five we take our comps.
  • inside_lap
    Options
    Oh, fun (not!). I remember comps *shudders*. We had to complete comps to be granted our master's degree on the way to our doctorate. :P. Congrats on completely a major milestone!!
  • rachelthefinn
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm definitely glad it's over! What's your degree in?
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm active and a single dad, so I'm familiar with the busy lifestyle messing up nutrition. Especially when my girls get picky. :)

Either way, good luck!
  • VooDooChylde
    VooDooChylde Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am a single mom of 2 and also looking for support.
  • nwood13
    nwood13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me! I just finished my PsyD, so I totally get trying to balance life and work!
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Single Dad here & new to here. Sooner or later I will add a photo. About an hour ago, I finally added something to my profile..... while at work so keep it quiet.
  • Adj_White
    Adj_White Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me too! Not a mom... but I live in ND... so I'm kind of a neighbor!
  • healthymomm
    healthymomm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, mom to 3 kids
  • ErinLunzer
    ErinLunzer Posts: 1
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm not a single mom but some days I feel like it. I work the day shift and my husband stays home with our 3YO daughter during the day and works nights.
    I have a 5YO step daughter who is recently diagnosed with ADHD and my 15 YO stepson has been on ADHD meds since he was 5 or 6.
    The best thing I tell myself is if I'm not taking care of myself and taking time to workout or eat healthy who will? I want to be a healthy example for my entire family!
  • N_Bridgeman
    N_Bridgeman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im also in grad school, post comps, and taking an extra year! (Not a mom yet....but understand the work and school pressures). I sent you a request! More support is always helpful!
  • tatelyb
    tatelyb Posts: 3
    Options
    I just joined today! Looking to connect with others to motivate and be motivated! =) I am a nursing school student, and will be done this December! I have a Master's Degree in Public health and am looking forward to combing all of my education to be a great nurse/health educator =) I have been married for almost 7 years and I have a great 6 yr old daughter named Zoe =) I was raised by an amazing single mom who made it all look easy!
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me. Im addicted to this site lol and mother of 3. Trying to lose 100 pounds.
  • anastasia2007
    Options
    Good Luck, you go girl!
  • anastasia2007
    Options
    I too am aiming for 100 lbs. Hard work !!!
  • inside_lap
    Options
    Lol, same as yours. Clinical psychology. Licensed for about 2.5 years now :).
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can add me, too.
  • stewartsetter
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a little one we suspect has ADHD, putting a lot of research into it on best things to do.