Nape piercing migrating/rejecting??

Options
classycouture
classycouture Posts: 888 Member
Questioned for my pierced MFPs out there!

I had my nape pierced almost two years ago, and I am still having issues with it. It's constantly crusty, sometimes very painful, and I would have thought that by now it would be completely healed! This makes me wonder if it is migrating, but it is so hard to tell because I can't see it very easily. I use H2Ocean, tea tree, and lavendar oil to clean it (not all at the same time.)

Anyone out there have his/her's done? How long did it take to heal? I really don't want to lose it because it's one of my favorite piercings! Suggestions?

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My friend had hers pierced and it healed pretty quickly. I'm thinking your skin's rejecting it.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Didn't have my nape pierced, but I had my hip done and a horizontal bar under my bellybutton. Both surface piercings like your nape. Had my hip done for 2 years. It healed and everything, then all of a sudden it started growing out. Nothing helped it. I took it out last week. The one under my belly button never completely healed so I had to take that one out too.

If nothing you are cleaning it with is helping, I suggest take it out, let it heal and maybe repierce it? Those piercings are known to reject no matter what you do to try and prevent it :-( Sorry, I loved mine too

Or have you tried cleaning it with seasalt?
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had my navel pierced for 5 years with no migrating or healing issues. I took it out during my first pregnancy just in case my expanding belly would make it migrate, but I think I'll get it re-done soon because I miss it! I used only warm water and saline made with non-iodized sea salt to clean it. I'd recommend going back to your piercer and asking for their advice.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Surface piercing dont last. They tell you that when you get pierced. Your body rejects it and tries to push it out. Most surface piercing have to be redone within a couple of years or so.
  • plzlbsbegone
    plzlbsbegone Posts: 233
    Options
    I have had several piercings, and each time, my piercer suggested sea salt soaks....1/4 tsp of sea salt in about 4 oz of hot water (not too hot! It needs to go on your skin!) I had small dixie cups that I used to put over the peircing, so it could soak (for about 2 mins). Then clean with CLEAR antibacterial soap. No added scent or colors. Softsoap has a good one. I still do this if any of my piercings become irritated again, and has always worked for me! I have never had to let a piercing grow shut!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I understood when I got it that there was that chance it would reject, but it was a chance I was willing to take! I'll keep cleaning it (and switch to sea salt!) and take a trip to my piercer and ask his opinion. Thanks again everyone!
  • kimber_av
    kimber_av Posts: 98
    Options
    dont forget to use antibacterial soap. all those opils and salt water only do so much. Thats why my industrial took an entire year to heal. As soon as I started using antibacterial soap it healed up quickly. I know the piercers say its old school and to use salt water. bs. Old school has the been the only way that works for me