Belly when in plank :( need support.

Options
2»

Replies

• gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    It's prob just skin, something you can't help too much. I have the same issue. I've lost a bunch of weight (it feels like it), but in any plank form, I see the tiny tummy! I've heard it gets better over time. So just keep pressing on--that's my plan:)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I will hope it's not so bad when the weight on my belly comes off. It doesn't really do tht when I bend over & you guys are right, who is going to see me planking?
    The problem is more common than I thought. At least I'm not alone. I just wanna have a fit, toned body when I'm finished. Here's hoping I can still get it.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. If the biggest complaint I have after losing 100+ pounds is that my stomach hangs a little while holding a 3+ minute plank...

umm, I think that means I WIN.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad I have this as well as some serious bat wings as well. They are slowly shrinking but its been a long process.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Continue exercising and building core strength. Drink lots of water. If it goes, it goes. If it stays, so what? Fitness is what's important.
    We are often our own worst critics, women maybe more than men, but we men have issues, too.

THIS!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. If the biggest complaint I have after losing 100+ pounds is that my stomach hangs a little while holding a 3+ minute plank...

no kidding. if you can hold a 3 minute plank i think you'd need a bit of extra skin just to hold in all the extra awesome
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

no kidding. if you can hold a 3 minute plank i think you'd need a bit of extra skin just to hold in all the extra awesome

3+ minute plank??! gtfoh! :huh:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

How funny, because I just did a 3 minute plank last night and thought the EXACT SAME THING!
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Go watch some exercise videos. Pay attention to the stomachs of all of the instructors. They all have skin that bunches during certain moves. ALL of them. Your skin will always be a little bit loose. This is a GOOD thing; you don't want to split wide open when you bend over, do you? No BODY is perfect. Be the best YOU possible and forget about perfection. You'll be much happier in the long run.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Do a search on loose skin or sagging skin and see the hundreds of threads with thousands of replies that are all from people who are right there with you.

Chances are, some of the people you know who's bodies you are envious of are also afflicted by this. But can they even do a plank? We all know you CAN!
  • Mlove1356
    Mlove1356 Posts: 15
    Options
    Happens to me in shoulder stand too.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Dont feel bad I have this as well as some serious bat wings as well. They are slowly shrinking but its been a long process.

Bat wings is on the upper arms? You can see in my pic I have them too :( But I dont think they're SO bad. Least I hope not.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Do a search on loose skin or sagging skin and see the hundreds of threads with thousands of replies that are all from people who are right there with you.

Chances are, some of the people you know who's bodies you are envious of are also afflicted by this. But can they even do a plank? We all know you CAN!

That is a very optimistic way of looking at it. I dont find plank that bad hard, at least not for the amount of time we use it in Turbo Fire. A push up is a whole diff story tho lol
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So, thanks to this thread, out of curiosity, I did a plank and looked at my stomach. Oh. My. Goodness!! BIG MISTAKE!!! Let's just say, having two kids has not been good for the midsection. I almost cried!!

For those of you that have not done this....don't!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Go watch some exercise videos. Pay attention to the stomachs of all of the instructors. They all have skin that bunches during certain moves. ALL of them. Your skin will always be a little bit loose. This is a GOOD thing; you don't want to split wide open when you bend over, do you? No BODY is perfect. Be the best YOU possible and forget about perfection. You'll be much happier in the long run.

This...I noticed it on my Chalean Extreme DVD with a couple of the fitness women...It was weird b/c they are so fit but when in certain positions their tummy hangs a little....Mine hangs alot but it's nice to know even in the fitness world they are not as perfect as I thought... :)
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This definitely happens to me, but hopefully it will go away over time with more planks.