not losing...

Options
Started at 208, got down to 199 a few weeks ago, back up to 205.

I'm not eating perfect and not exercising every day, but I'm doing a heck of a lot better than I was doing prior to March 4th. I figure I would have lost a little bit by now.

I give myself one free day. I never pig out though. I would say I keep it under 2500 calories that day. i have been eating to lose 1 lb per week which mfp estimates I need 1780 carlories a day. I've change it to lose 1.5 per week. I am extremely sedentary at work so maybe my maintenance calories are less than mfp estimated?

dont' know.

Replies

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Seems like you're eating an awful lot of sugar. At your weight and the calorie level according to your diary, you should still be losing though, even if you were eating nothing but sugar. I think you're probably underestimating your calorie levels. Are you weighing and measuring out everything you eat? And then even if you are completely accurate during the week, you say you have a cheat day where you *think* you're staying under 2500? If you aren't actually counting that day, you could easily be eating much more than that, canceling out your calorie restriction the rest of the week. I suggest that you start tracking what you eat on your cheat day and make sure you're tracking correctly otherwise.
  • miss_september
    Options
    I would also try to work in more raw fruits and veggies--you do good with the steamed veggies, but try eating a salad every now and then, you seem to have a lot of grain-based products. Also, it looks like you are going over your calorie goals for the majority of the past couple of weeks. If you are set to 1 lb per week, a 500 calories-over-goal day takes away your deficit for that entire day. Focus on low-calorie, filling foods. Hang in there, though, you can do this! =-)
  • mjpisat
    mjpisat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    As far as sugar goes, that mostly comes from the greek yogurt. I only eat that cause I mix in bran buds for insoluble fiber. My Dr. said I need to get more of that. Should I cut out the yogurt? I think you're right about the cheat day. I'll start tracking that more closely and maybe cut it back to a cheat meal.

Raw fruits and veggies, are they needed? never been big on fruit especially since I can't get any good fruit where I live. Wouldn't that up my sugar and carbs also? I'll have to tighten it up. right now I have it set to lose 1.5 lbs per week. even if I go a little over that, I'm fine with losing 1 lb per week. i will start working out more too and probably won't "eat back" those calories since I really have no way of tracking how much I burn.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    As far as sugar goes, that mostly comes from the greek yogurt. I only eat that cause I mix in bran buds for insoluble fiber. My Dr. said I need to get more of that. Should I cut out the yogurt? I think you're right about the cheat day. I'll start tracking that more closely and maybe cut it back to a cheat meal.

Raw fruits and veggies, are they needed? never been big on fruit especially since I can't get any good fruit where I live. Wouldn't that up my sugar and carbs also? I'll have to tighten it up. right now I have it set to lose 1.5 lbs per week. even if I go a little over that, I'm fine with losing 1 lb per week. i will start working out more too and probably won't "eat back" those calories since I really have no way of tracking how much I burn.

Greek yogurt is great and I don't think you should cut it out! But have you ever tried it plain? It's actually really good once you get used to it . . .

Raw fruits and veggies aren't "needed" for weight loss - all you really need is a deficit - but I think they can help a lot, and IMO they are pretty necessary for overall health. If you don't want to eat back all your exercise calories, I suggest eating back half at least if you don't want to eat all of them, or just eating a couple hundred extra calories on days you work out.
  • mjpisat
    mjpisat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've tried the regular greek yogurt, but can't get in to it. What raw veggies you recommend? Only ones I can do without some type of dip would be carrots, celery and maybe cucumbers. Anything else I need something to go with them, but that doesn't fit in to the diet.

Only supplement i've been taking beside whey protein was hydroxycut, but I stopped it. I am getting one type of essential fatty acid with the serving of almonds every day, but I think I'm missing the other. What type of food do I need to add or what supplement for the EFA I'm missing? Is that something you need daily?

I've been keeping my calories this week at about 1580 which is where I'm supposed to be to lose 1.5 per week. haven't worked out at all, but I've been really tired and unmotivated. Don't know if it's the deficit or just a coincidence.