Do you add salad and vegetables on your mfp food log??

Options
123457»

Replies

• wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Air is about the only thing I don't log...but if it's a bit smoggy, I'll log that too ;)
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I record them because I like to see my vitamin/mineral levels for each day, that lets me know what vitamins I need to take.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I *try* to track everything that has calories, vegetables included.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it, OP.

A slice of tomato or onion on a sandwich is not going to add up to anything. I never bother logging those because I'm pretty sure I am burning off those calories just by making the sandwich, know what I mean?

Things like corn, avocado, potatoes etc should be counted because they are super high in calories. Even a banana is 100 calories. A head of romaine lettuce is 100 cals too.

Some people like to obsess over every single calorie that goes in their mouth, I say relax a little. + or - 10-50 cal a day isn't anything.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I do usually log my salad and vegetables but if I just take a small slice of a pepper, or a slice of cucumber, I won't log it.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do - everything that goes in gets logged. Plus I keep up with carbs and fiber.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Some times I skip it but be care full of salads if you use dressing ,cheese , egg ect. They can be heavy in calorie. But when I have a lot of calories left and I eat a banana at night I don't bother.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have started to make my own salads, and I'm so impressed with how low caloric a bulky salad can be! 150 calories or so, but they are still calories, so I log everything. What's especially important to log are the salad dressings or any oil you use to grill veggies. I've made a healthy orange juice-based vinaigrette but it's still around 30-40 calories a serving. All the little things add up, and can make a big difference in the long haul.
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    yep, everything gets logged.
    the handful of chopped onions in my omelette, the few leaves of lettuce in my sandwich, the tsp of oil to cook my chicken, EVERYTHING gets logged. it all has calories and they all add up
  • NittanyLion95
    Options
    I started on WW and even though they were 0 points on WW, I still logged them.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I log it all BUT I also remember what my old WW leader once said- "None of us got here because we ate too many apples and carrots." So if I'm over my calories but I see that I went over because I ate a banana or something like that- it's not a big deal to me.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I log them. I'm not doing Weight Watchers, I'm doing MFP, and that's what we do here. And its working for me!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I log it all... the good, the bad, the ugly and the VEGGIES!
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking everything, too, but since I almost always make a green salad the same way, I created a recipe for it so I don't have to add every ingredient each time. Saves some time.

This.
  • tmthomas66
    tmthomas66 Posts: 3
    Options
    I add all food, all calories count for or against you.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I record everything, including my water intake, it is a good habit and plus some veggies have a few calories so it is good to include them
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    I currently do WW and Mfp... I record and track everything... I'm a little obsessed...LOL