How long to see a loss?

Options
Hi All,
Have just done a great first week and am loving MFP - just wondering how long does it take for you to see a loss on the scales?? My first weigh in I had gained 300g. Bloody scales!!! but I feel better in myself and body already? so that's a plus!!

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• rachaellynn91
    Options
    I stepped on the scale three weeks after I started and was down around 3 pounds you have to just do this and ignore the scale for the first while its worth it trust me!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It takes most bodies a month to adjust to a new routine. So you may lose the first day or first week or several weeks later.
  • GZero81
    GZero81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recommend you don't worry about what the scale says for at least the first two weeks. Just focus on how good you feel, keep at it, and the weight will come off. After those first two weeks, you probably shouldn't get on the scale more than once a week. Day to day fluctuations in weight are normal (depending on how much water you're currently retaining, etc.) and the number on the scale doesn't really mean a whole lot. Set up a day that you weigh yourself each week, and resist the temptation to weigh in on any other day. It can be a real motivator to look forward to seeing how much progress you've made at the end of a week.
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    I recommend you don't worry about what the scale says for at least the first two weeks. Just focus on how good you feel, keep at it, and the weight will come off. After those first two weeks, you probably shouldn't get on the scale more than once a week. Day to day fluctuations in weight are normal (depending on how much water you're currently retaining, etc.) and the number on the scale doesn't really mean a whole lot. Set up a day that you weigh yourself each week, and resist the temptation to weigh in on any other day. It can be a real motivator to look forward to seeing how much progress you've made at the end of a week.

Also make sure that you weigh yourself at the same time each time you do!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first week as well! I too am not yet seeing results on the scale but feel like I am making good choices and logging all my food and exercise. Its a little frustrating that the results are not immediate but check out some of the success stories on this site for motivation.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and just started to see a loss now, so give it a good three weeks, I'd say :) However! The focus should be more on inches and how your clothes fit, because I noticed that within the first week (I was doing a home workout dvd every day: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred)