Intermittent Fasting Friends Needed

Options
Hey, just need some more peers who are doing IF. I'm doing LeanGains. Whether you subscribe to EatStopEat, Warrior Diet, or LeanGains, an add would be great. I'm into my 3rd day and loving it. Thanks.

Replies

• kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    acg67, chrisdavey
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I IF and can run dietary numbers for IF programs.
    Let me know if you need any help.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'll admit to possibly being a 'junk reply' as I don't do IF (yet?), but I am intrigued. My only issue is that I don't train until the evening, and I'd be a very, VERY b*tchy insurance analyst all day until I get to my pre-workout shake. Plus, I typically do cardio after my lifting, so I think that might be a questionable approach to cardio, at least on the regular. I need to read some more on the subject... Hope you get some input!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do it. He does it more than me. I just had my first 36 hour fast about a week and a half ago. It wasn't as bad as I had expected. But we're already friends :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Leangains checking in. Is it better than the traditional 6 meals a day??? It is for me and I have science to back it up.
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm also on day three. Doing a pretty flexible two meals a day type IF. Basically right now I'm fasting from nine pm till noon. Loving it so far!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    There is an intermittent fasting group also.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I do IF, eat stop eat
    Please feel free to add me
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    e.s.e here too!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    im starting tomorrow :)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    acg67, chrisdavey

Good friends to add. :)

I IF as well and have so for the past year
  • jessienmiller
    jessienmiller Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi i am 30 years old and very active ,i am always going from 110 - 115 lbs i will go for awhile and eat all healthy and do great with ny calorie intake and then one day i will eat something really bad and just keep going back until its gone . Well here lately my calories ave been a lot harder to control. I have no self control any more and the other day i weighed myself and i am up to 117 I am so ready to regain everything and be able to walk past all that junk food. I am starting the eat stop eat tonight and was curious as to how it has helped you and did you work out still on your fasting days because i work out 5-6 days a week , I love working out and still want to. Thanks for all the advice you can give. Could you please message me anything that may be beneficial to me?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I IF and can run dietary numbers for IF programs.
    Let me know if you need any help.

We don't need inaccurate calculations.

Where did this come from?!
    Lol...ah!
    Before we were friends!
    Tool!
    =D
  • tidmutt
    tidmutt Posts: 317
    Options
    Any thoughts on IF for those with a higher body fat % (25-26)? I've experimented with it in the past but found I plateaued for a month (doesn't really represent a plateau but was enough to turn me off it until I lost more weight). Posting in various forums and research seemed to indicate that IF was more applicable to those with lower body fat wanting to drop from 12%-10% or something like that. The people posting in this thread seem to support that based on their avatars and stats.

I'm generally a believer in calorie in/out so IF SHOULD work for me, but can't rule out it being more complex than that. Thoughts?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I think just a plain cut would do.
    If you are eating fewer calories, having a smaller eating window does help.

I am cutting cals, 1700, so having 2-3 meals within 8 hours is more convenient than trying to have breakfast lunch and dinner.

So I guess IF if its convenient.
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third day of IF too! I'm eating from 12 pm to 8 pm and so far it's been easy. Feel free to add me.
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm also on day three. Doing a pretty flexible two meals a day type IF. Basically right now I'm fasting from nine pm till noon. Loving it so far!

I'm on day three too and so far I feel great.