Help!

Options
Ok...who can tell me in a nutshell how this works. It gives me a total of 1260 calories per day to consume....i put in my exercise....which gives me more calories to consume.....what am i missing here???????

Replies

• kaye300
    kaye300 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It makes you totally honest with yourself by accounting for every bite you put in you mouth. It will help you look at your choices and see where your weakness is. Maybe its skipping breakfast. Or that handful of cookies. For me it was mindless eating while watching TV. Its a place to start - to make changes and become more active and eat better.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    the intensity of your exercise "allows you to increase intake"
  • abeauty4ever15
    Options
    But obviously I dont want to keep eating just because I am exercising. I'm not getting what my chart should be reading at the end of the day. I'm having a complete brain freeze with this. UGH!!!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I always eat back my calories because there is already a calorie deficit in your daily calorie goals before you workout. When I stopped eating them back the scale stopped for me when I started to eat them back the scale started to drop again.
  • PrairieGurl69
    Options
    You should try to match how much you eat each day with the calories they list as "your daily goal" . Eating too few calories over the long run will reduce your metabolic rate (i.e. reduce how many calories your body burns at rest). Exercise usually increases hunger (so you'll likely want to eat more) but also boost your metabolic rate so eating a bit more is ok.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    But obviously I dont want to keep eating just because I am exercising. I'm not getting what my chart should be reading at the end of the day. I'm having a complete brain freeze with this. UGH!!!
    That's how MFP works. It adds back the exercise calories for you to eat.

You're an adult. You don't have to eat anything you don't want to eat. Eating the exercise calories is up to you.
  • bball0721
    bball0721 Posts: 1
    Options
    the calories it calculates for you is based on info you put in. how active are you, ie what do you do for work and nothing else. any extra cardio you do needs more calories.