Hit My Goal Weight - Before & After Photos!

Options
UpEarly
UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
I hit my goal weight a few months ago and have been in 'maintenance mode' since around February.

I decided it was time to share before and after photos.

It was so hard to find a before photo, because honestly, I rarely let myself be photographed. The before shot (left) is several months before I joined MFP. The after shot (right) was from a hike I went on last weekend.

I was 59 pounds heavier in the before photo. I'm 5'9", so it's easier for me to carry extra weight. But, I still think there's a pretty significant difference.

7161819898_5428539ab8.jpg

Another after. As you can see... I love the outdoors. :-)

7161912648_86e8e74e34.jpg

Replies

• runkatierun
    runkatierun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    oh yeah! You look great!!
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    Looking amazing... Congrats!
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look amazing! And 10 years younger!
  • Channa79
    Channa79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome!
  • averyweber
    averyweber Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow! Hero alert! I am on your journey. I am 5'8 and carried weight well too!. Not that well. :) I have lost 54 so far and have more to go. Would be interested to see how far you are going to take it or are you not going to loose anymore. NOT THAT YOU NEED TO! You look amazing. Anyways. Pls add me...your story helps!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You remind me so much of Cobie Smulders (the actress in "How I Met Your Mother" who plays Robin)! You are stunning and congrats on reaching your goal weight.
  • UpEarly
    Options
    Wow! Hero alert! I am on your journey. I am 5'8 and carried weight well too!. Not that well. :) I have lost 54 so far and have more to go. Would be interested to see how far you are going to take it or are you not going to loose anymore. NOT THAT YOU NEED TO! You look amazing. Anyways. Pls add me...your story helps!

This is maintenance for me. I'm 5'9" and weigh about 140. I don't feel the need to be any thinner. :-)
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Significant difference!!
    WTG!!!!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    you look good how long it take tolose the weight
  • jordanhavlinswartz
    jordanhavlinswartz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • psucsi
    psucsi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • UpEarly
    Options
    you look good how long it take tolose the weight

I started on April 10th, 2011 and hit my goal in mid-February 2012... so about ten months. I set MFP to keep me on track to lose a half pound per week and I usually ate 1800-2400 calories a day (depending on how much I exercised). I decided to take it slow and steady, so I wouldn't have to diet or deprive myself.
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    You are awesome! Congrats on hitting goal weight! You look great!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!

It's crazy to me too that you lost that much weight, I'm sure most people would have said looking at you in the first picture that you had nowhere near that much to lose. But you look so lovely and healthy in the second photo, noone can argue with that!!

What an inspiration! Great work!
  • michaelgilstrap
    michaelgilstrap Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome Awesome Job
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You have a wonderful long, thin frame!! You should keep up with weights and lengthening exercise like yoga or pilates. You look fantastic! Awesome job!!
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    congrats. you look great!!!!!!!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!