New here

Options
Shollin243
Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
I'm 27 years old, 6 feet tall, and hit the 400 mark (well 399). I have never been this big in my life. As a child I was relatively thin. Not skinny but not obese. I grew up in a large city then before high school my family moved to a small town. I never quite adjusted an gained weight. By age 21 I weighed 350 pounds. I was working part time and going to school so I had time to exercise and my job required me to do a lot of walking. By age 24 I was down to 240 pounds. I finished school and ended up in a job I hate. I worked that job for a year to afraid to quit and ended up fired. I was unemployed for a year and throughout my unemployment and job I quit exercising and started eating what I wanted till I ended up weighing 400 pounds.

I would like to get back to 250 pounds. I have a new job and am living where I grew up. Some challenges is that my job requires me to sit 8+ hours a day so finding time for exercise can be challenging. I found the site as a way to track my calorie intake so I'm not going off track.

Replies

• carrie31023
    carrie31023 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey I will help you get motivated! I work at a job that I have to sit all day also.. I find that every hour I take 30 minutes and stand up(if you can) and walk in place. Lost 23 lbs doing this.
  • Shollin243
    Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get an hour for lunch so it doesn't take me an hour to eat lunch. My goal is to walk up and down the stairs for 30 minutes but I get spent after going up them once. Hopefully I can build myself up to be able to do the stairs for 30 minutes.
  • KaniLyn
    KaniLyn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New here also , not sure im doing anything right when it comes to posting a topic or replying . Hello to you all !