For those of you with 30 Day Shred Success...

Options
Okay, so I'm trying the 30 Day Shred again(first time I got 10 days in and then got really sick and gave up). What I want to know is for those of you who saw really good results, did you do extra cardio with it as well? Or just the DVD? I'm planning on doing it every day for 30 days....I'm kinda on a time crunch! haha.

Replies

• WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    I did it for 7 days straight then didnt do it for a week but I did lose 1inch from my waist that first 7 days. I've restarted it yesterday planning on going 30 days without breaks.
    Good luck.
  • ladylonglegs21
    ladylonglegs21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred?
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I only started on the first and I've missed it twice, but I already lost 3 pounds! Some people do strictly 30DS and some add in other cardio. It's really up to your personal preference and stamina.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred?

It's a jillian michaels work out dvd. It has three levels that you do for ten days each
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't remember what my numbers were, but I know when I did it I lost inches and a couple of pounds! If you think you are going to burn out easily I would suggest that you take at least 1 day a week off! Good Luck!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I did it everyday for 3 months ( along with the treadmill & elliptical) Everyday even when I started and it hurt to sit or stand. I have to say I was pretty strong. I could do the push up with out a problem. Then I started Jillian's No more trouble zones....It's longer. Then I started doing the Shred 2 times a day. I have to say I had lost about 45 pounds in the first 2 months.

Good luck
  • ladylonglegs21
    ladylonglegs21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hmmm... sounds too good to be true... i will look into this... thanks!
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I personally did it 6 days a week (took every Sunday off), plus I did about an hour of cardio 5-6 days a week as well. The video alone just wasn't enough for me.
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    nooo.. its hard work that pays off..
  • courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30DS & I'm also doing 30-45 minutes of cardio to go along with it.
  • Minnesota_Mark
    Options
    I've been mixing 30DS Lvl 1 (so far) 2-3 times a week along with softball, baseball and jogging. I think it is a mistake to do any one activity to intensely when starting to get in shape and the risk of injury increases with the same repetitive motions many days in a row. I've lost 20 lbs in 5-6 wks and feeling good. Good luck all!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I started by doing 30DS in February every day except Sundays, but as I got about halfway done I added in other cardio every day. My weight loss stalled so I cut back to additional cardio 3x's a week instead and the scale moved again. (I'm pretty sure I wasn't eating enough calories for how much I was working out.) I ended up losing about 9 lbs in those 30ish days. Now I alternate 30DS every other day, still doing each level 10 times before progressing, and do other cardio the other 3 workout days in my week. I lose an average of a pound a week.

Whatever you do, just stick with it!! 30 Day Shred is awesome when you're consistent!
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS right now. I just finished Day 23 today. I'm not doing any other exercising other than that, and I've already lost 7 pounds. No idea on the inches yet since I'll measure when I'm completely done, but I do see a change in my body - especially my belly! :) I do it every day without any rest days. Have fun!
  • saynotofat
    saynotofat Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm ordering the DVD tonight. I found it on YouTube the other night and tried it out. My legs were sore for two days! I have a bad knee so I wore a knee brace and just had to be careful when doing the jumping jacks and the jumping rope simulation. I was sweating gallons!
  • turcbbop
    turcbbop Posts: 19
    Options
    how long are these videos?
  • Lentz16
    Lentz16 Posts: 26
    Options
    I found a Groupon deal this week on Jillian Michael's 3 workout dvds (including 30ds) for $25! I can't wait to start it =)!
  • kaleynichol
    kaleynichol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nooo.. its hard work that pays off..

^ LIKE!!!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm ordering the DVD tonight. I found it on YouTube the other night and tried it out. My legs were sore for two days! I have a bad knee so I wore a knee brace and just had to be careful when doing the jumping jacks and the jumping rope simulation. I was sweating gallons!

I started 30DS on Saturday. Sunday I did a different workout DVD. My arms, legs, back, and stomach were ALL sore for THREE DAYS! The squatting killed me! My body was incomplete shock. I could barely get out of bed the next day. Tomorrow I'm going back for "day 2" lol I'm determined! My body has to adapt!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    how long are these videos?

20 minutes
  • kguyer
    kguyer Posts: 1
    Options
    Im on the 30 day shred and its AMAZING. I've lost 14 lbs in two weeks!!!!!! it works if you stick to it. I do 30 minutes of Jullian's 30 day shred and then 45 minutes of Jullian's shred and shed DVD every day. It's hard, but it works:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!