Options
2»

Replies

• saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Sorry we had to meet this way :(

I'm not very religious & I've never been in your shoes so I don't have anything too special to say here. However I know sometimes it;s nice to have someone you can talk to & can at least be sympathetic & tell you that you are not worthless!

If you would like to talk or if you just want some extra friends to help you out on here please feel free to add me. Nothing you say or post will be taken as whining :)

best of luck to you lady!!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Contact your local community access/mental health center and get a counselor to talk to - they will work it out on costs for you. You sound like you are depressed (with plenty of reasons to be), and a trained therapist can make a world of difference.

Reminds me of a song 'When you're going through hell, keep on going, don't look back if your scared don't show it. You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.'

Keep going, child - life can only go up from here!
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    On a cloudy day, the clouds hide the sun, but the sun is always there. The clouds of thoughts, worries and desires cover and hide our happiness. We have to disperse them in order to experience it. Then the happiness that is inherent in the soul and is always there shines forth.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My mom was a single mom of two, and the greatest gift she gave us was the gift of innocence. It wasn't until I was an adult that I understood how hard she worked to support us, how close we were to the edge. Everything was an adventure, and we did very few things that cost money. We'd get books at the library and picnic lunches are fun for kids even if you just walk somewhere and eat PB and Js. We were also very active at our church, it was fun to be with kids our age, and my mom got to talk to other adults.

Be strong, put on a brave face for your kids, "fake it til you make it".But also take time for yourself. Ask a friend to watch them while you work on your resume. Ask at the library about job searches and free classes they may offer or know about. After the kids go to bed, take a long, relaxing bath, or pop in a workout DVD.

You can get through this, you've come so far!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Stay strong, buy yourself some flowers. If you can, try to see a doctor and have your thyroid checked (google it and see why) talk to a good friend, go to church, watch your favorite movie but most importantly : NEVER GIVE UP.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    We all have speed bumps and on occasion road blocks in life.
    How we get thru it or decide to deal with it is what decides who will win and who will fail.
    I was a single mom with two little kids and no support.
    I just decided to show all of the ones who said I could that I would.. AND that I would do it on my own..
    I have been doing it for 20+ years.. good luck you can do this
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    "If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.
    Flavia Weedn

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, just think of the new dream you can build because, look, a thousand pieces to build with!
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    You have to realize your self-worth. People will always try to bring you down as misery loves company. Forget that job, as there is a better job out there for you. Sometimes we have to fully let something go before the next opportunity presents itself. Take this time for you and do what you can.

Feel free to add me if you need/want motivational support.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It will get better. Trust me, it really will. I've dealt with severe, chronic depression my whole life, and I was a single mom the last 15 years my three kids were at home. We struggled a lot, and we were poor. And my kids knew that we were struggling. More than once we all pulled together to get bills paid and to keep food on the table. It was me and them against the world.

We made it through it though, and now I have three wonderful adult children who have a real appreciation for what it means to come together and push forward. You can do this, and when your kids realize how hard you worked to keep their world together they will love you and respect you that much more.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    thank you everyone for your support and suggestions.. i try not to fall apart very often.. but i was so very very tired today.. even in the dreams i had today.. i was tired.
    i have made it through today
    and hopefully wednesday will be better.. i am booked to work for the day (only day this week). so at least the kids will keep me going.
    thank you again for everything...
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You only have 2 choices right
    You get knocked down and you stay down or
    You get knocked down and you get back up and fight for yourself

tell me which one are you a fighter or a coward ..

YOU ARE A FIGHTER .. and you have an army behind you helping you win.
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you are having a hard time.

It is incredible how terrible that people can make each other feel, and I'm sorry that you have people in your life that feel they have the right to do that to you.

Just so you know, I'm incredibly impressed and proud of all you've done since you got here. You look great, you have accomplished so much, and you have done so with good humor and spirits.

So just keep the "this too shall pass" mantra in your head, and before long the all-encompassing "it's all bad" feeling will pass, and the "it's good with some things to deal with" feeling will be back.