HELP out of control :(

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have OCD- I'm all or nothing too. I've stopped and started. My advice would be to put your personal feelings about what you're doing on the shelf for a full week and just get your *kitten* together and power through it. You know what to do, and you will feel better once you're seatbelted in back on the wagon. Just do it.

I believe in you!
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I really don't know. I've lost the plot a bit for the last few weeks (months maybe?) and the scales are showing it.
    I've tried to keep logging even when I eat junk and work on the theory that at least a few good days a week are better than none....

I will log but sometimes I just dont even bother when I know I have gone overboard! Like I don't want to face it

I can relate to that!
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    I feel off the wagon for 3-4months. The way you get back on track is eat whatever you want but log it. So you're aware of what you're doing. Lets say you consumed 2,500 calories a day, tomorrow shoot for 2,250 and so on... work your way down to what you where doing. Once you're there, clean up your diet.

I like this idea. Couple it with a couple of trips to the gym a week with varied intensity and increase steadily as well. There is the could turkey option also, start nailing it hard again, full conviction, the obsession/addiction will return. It works for alcoholics and smokers, it should work for other addictive personalities as well. :smile:

I love working out and going to the gym so I hate when I get in a funk like this and stop! I am so much happier when I am eating healthy and working out!!!

You have supportive friends on your feed. Log in and post your feelings/traps on your feed so we can see what's going on. I know the support you receive will be well worth your effort and maybe we can help pull you out.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Hey I have a solution for you that would help you out, its working for me. private message me and we can chat private

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

Shouldn't this go for all the "beach body coaches" on here, too who disguise themselves as friends only to eventually PM you to buy exercise tapes and shakes? Sorry, I just had to add that in. It annoys me.

That avatar has 1 single post. Probably a bot or someone with multiple accounts that doesn't really care about the site's policies. Cash is king.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support !
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a solution for you that would help you out, its working for me. private message me and we can chat private

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

Shouldn't this go for all the "beach body coaches" on here, too who disguise themselves as friends only to eventually PM you to buy exercise tapes and shakes? Sorry, I just had to add that in. It annoys me.

Never experienced that - but I am sure it does.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I feel off the wagon for 3-4months. The way you get back on track is eat whatever you want but log it. So you're aware of what you're doing. Lets say you consumed 2,500 calories a day, tomorrow shoot for 2,250 and so on... work your way down to what you where doing. Once you're there, clean up your diet.

I like this idea. Couple it with a couple of trips to the gym a week with varied intensity and increase steadily as well. There is the could turkey option also, start nailing it hard again, full conviction, the obsession/addiction will return. It works for alcoholics and smokers, it should work for other addictive personalities as well. :smile:

I love working out and going to the gym so I hate when I get in a funk like this and stop! I am so much happier when I am eating healthy and working out!!!

You have supportive friends on your feed. Log in and post your feelings/traps on your feed so we can see what's going on. I know the support you receive will be well worth your effort and maybe we can help pull you out.

Thanks! I was nervous to say something at first but now feel better and can't wait to start back tomorrow!!!!
  • gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    do you have a healthy friend that you could tag along with to the gym? or to discuss getting back into the healthy lifestyle zone? you tend to live what you surround yourself with, so find all the healthy ppl to shadow for a while.
  • Jules_1111
    Jules_1111 Posts: 79
    Options

IT'S A TRAP!

:laugh: For sure!
  • EAS1992
    EAS1992 Posts: 16
    Options
    i'm going through the same situation ... in a way . i've just recentely started my "eating healthier" & exercising & i do great for a couple of days , but then one day i go crazy . crazy in the sweets , chips , even fast food & idk how to help or stop it . it drives me crazy & then i get mad at myself because i've just eaten back all the calories i've lost that week in one day .

it's a strong physical & emotional test but my ex-trainer (who personally lost 80lbs herself) told me that once you get your mind & body set & in tune together , it'll happen .

i also read in a forumn the other day that you should just try to take it one day at a time . do they exercise for THAT day , the healthier eating for THAT day . it seems easier than making a little bit of a larger goal .

good luck & feel free to add me (:
  • keaani34
    keaani34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree that logging your cals.. even when your over eating is helpful, you get to see what your eating and it makes you want to do something about it :).
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just went through this. I have been back to my old ways the past 2 months and gained back almost 8 of the 29 lbs I lost. I am officially back on this week and feeling awesome. I did have to admit it to myself. I got the courage to get my butt on that scale and see what my bad choices have done to my body. Read some sucess stories, reevaluate your eating and exercise habits, and get back on that horse. You can do it!
  • michalebsdad
    Options

Totally! There will always be people trying to get around the system to sell some new "magic pill" or "magic workout". Screw that! Start by not feeling sorry for yourself about falling off the wagon, get back on it and bust your *kitten* the old fashion way...by putting in the work! This fitness journey is not supposed to be easy...if it where, we would not have a obesity problem in the world. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, ultimately, motivation has to come from within! Excuses are way to easy to fall back on! Take control of your life and realize that along the road to success, set backs happen. Success is getting back up and moving froward again.
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    That's when you need to face it the most, at your weakest point. I just suggested this site to a friend, and he's doing it diligently. You'll get back, once you see how horrifying those habits have gotten with the food choices that have been made.
    I wish you success in reaching your goal.