~*~* May Challenge- 5 plus pounds TEAM BLACK ~*~*

Options
2»

Replies

• bella7966
    bella7966 Posts: 49
    Options
    Well thats great. I have been on the wii and did some jogging, boxing , steps and hula hooping to burn some calories. I have also done some wall push ups to try and complete my challenge. I managed 10 which is good considering i hate any exwrcises like that, though i am a long way off doing them on the floor :-D
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You will get there!!! I could not do a single push up when I started and last night while doing a DVD workout I was doing full pushups with one leg elevated. Chin up and you will do WONDERFUL!!!! It all comes in time.
    Well thats great. I have been on the wii and did some jogging, boxing , steps and hula hooping to burn some calories. I have also done some wall push ups to try and complete my challenge. I managed 10 which is good considering i hate any exwrcises like that, though i am a long way off doing them on the floor :-D
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    MamaBear, I'm so happy I found you through this challenge! You have some awesome stick-to-it-tiveness that I find so motivating! Your perserverance is intoxicating!

My challenge for myself is to find a balance between making exercise a part of my day where it doesn't feel like something I want just "get over with"...but also acknowledge the days where it does feel fun and my body desires the work out. I don't know if that makes any sense at all. Like when I'm weightlifting-- I love to look at my body in the mirror and see where my body is changing and that I'm slimming down. It makes me push harder and sweat more. But when I'm doing cardio, I just want out of there period. No amount of good songs on the ipod or a good tv show can take my mind away from the exercise.
  • Linny055
    Linny055 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good work everyone! Keep going on your challenges!

I'm going strong on day 2 and was able to keep within my net calorie limit for dinner last night... yay! Thanks for the will power vibes! I'm getting excited to step on the scale in a few days to see my results of this week... I'm feeling good about it!
  • DrivenDiva
    Options
    I'm off to the gym everybody! I'm doing upper body today and yet I'm still sore from doing upper body two days ago. Hopefully the discomfort will subside-NO PAIN, NO GAIN!!! I hope to take a class today as well, so I'm working out twice (again, HOPEFULLY). There's a barbell strength at the Y that I've been wanting to try.

Happy healthy eating and keep focused ladies! You're all making FABULOUS strides!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the nice comments. I strive to help those around me and I love the people that I have met through this site. To see you succeed gives me pride and determination to strive when I want to give up. Sounds like you got strength training under control. With cardio you may want to try different that that may not include the gym. I found once I found things I actually enjoyed doing it was no longer a evil task that has to be done. For long term success I have found I have to like what I am doing or I will give up for eating and watching TV. Rock this my friend.

Laura
    MamaBear, I'm so happy I found you through this challenge! You have some awesome stick-to-it-tiveness that I find so motivating! Your perserverance is intoxicating!

My challenge for myself is to find a balance between making exercise a part of my day where it doesn't feel like something I want just "get over with"...but also acknowledge the days where it does feel fun and my body desires the work out. I don't know if that makes any sense at all. Like when I'm weightlifting-- I love to look at my body in the mirror and see where my body is changing and that I'm slimming down. It makes me push harder and sweat more. But when I'm doing cardio, I just want out of there period. No amount of good songs on the ipod or a good tv show can take my mind away from the exercise.
  • DrivenDiva
    Options
    Good day, TEAM BLACK!!!

How's everyone feeling today? Any good plans on this Terrific Thursday? It's a lovely warm day here in Chicago, supposed to be in the 80s! Could be Spring is finally here to stay, so I'm glad about it!

I saw this posted on facebook and felt like sharing with you all:

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸ƸӜƷ (¯`♥´¯) .✫“Whatever you think you can do.✫ .`*.¸.*´ or believe you can do, begin it. .✫ ♥¸.✫´¯)¸.♥✫*Action has
    magic, grace and power in it.”.✫ *☆ ~ ♥ ~ ♥¨) ¸.♥¨)(¸.♥´ (¸.♥´¸.♥´♥¨)
  • bella7966
    bella7966 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi all. Its a cold day in the uk. With working nights i have been in bed all day. Back at work in just over an hour. Find it hard to get exercise in but tried to do some wall press ups before anyone came in the office. Managing to avoid the vending machines and enjoying my pack up at work. Trying to do stairs were i can rather than take the lift. Hope everyone else is having a great day x
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hope it's not to late to jump in on this challenge

Team BLACK
    Current weight: 193.5
    Goal weight: 188.5
  • Linny055
    Linny055 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Gah! The weekend got the best of me and it's tough to jump back on the challenge... but tomorrow is a new day, right? :/
  • DrivenDiva
    Options
    Absolutively, Linny!

Don't forget to check in with us on our group page, which is where we are primarily posting now! :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5259-may-challenge-black-group