Oatmeal

Options
Any suggestions on how to make oatmeal not taste like cardboard?? :)

Replies

• michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    I go easy with the Krogers Instant Oatmeal - Apple Cinnamon is my favorite. :-)
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I had to learn to like it. The key for me is adding stuff to it, like fruit or nuts. Also, try different flavors. I like the Quaker Strawberries & Cream. It's actually pretty good.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    honey, peanut butter, banana, apples, blueberries
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Put apple and cinnamon in it, or some cashew nut butter, or some Nutella ... so many amazing things that you can do with it!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    PB, add whey, berries, banana's, cinnamon, cocoa powder, honey...endless possibilites..
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I just had mine with a scoop of flavored protein powder and berries.
  • mimiclown
    mimiclown Posts: 32
    Options
    I add flax seed, cinnamon and the spray, I can't believe it's not butter. It adds flavor.
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Milk or a tablespoon of coffee creamer usually smooths things out...
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I put frozen berries and a splash cold milk on top of mine when its cooked. Or if I'm going to run I put a banana and golden syrup on top.
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    I add 1/4 c. egg whites, 2 tsp. brown sugar, a splash of vanilla, and cinnamon. Nuke for 1 min, stir, nuke one more min. Sometimes I throw in blueberries or strawberries
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    hubby does protein powder and fruit...i like fruit and a tbs of dark chocolate chips
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    add bananas, or cocoa powder and /or a sweetener like stevia or agave nectar.
    I usually make them in my morning shakes with protein a fruit and pb.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sugar free cherry pie filling. Only 35 calories for 1/3 cup.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    Can never go wrong with rasins.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, chocolate chips, a spoonful of honey, a spoonful of peanut butter...

(not all at once, of course...actually...that might be good, too!)
  • tiedy
    tiedy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have three favourite options:

1) add cinnamon to it- need to add it before you start cooking!
    2) any sort of poached fruit- literally just peel a ton of apples/pears/rhubarb dump in 500mls of water, splash of sugar, some vanilla and cinnamon and boil it for 30 mins. Super healthy, cheap and tasty
    --> if you can't be bothered to poach fruit, you can buy canned pie fruit too- look for the ones with no added sugar
    3) dates! If you put them in at the beginning, they kind of melt through the oats, giving it a delicious caramel flavour!!
  • aeluntiii
    aeluntiii Posts: 1
    Options
    Try adding a spoon of peanut butter and a few raisins or other pieces of dried fruit. A little brown sugar is good too.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Add raisins, bananas, or peanut butter. I like oatmeal though, especially when it's cold out, so Quaker works just fine for me. Quaker Instant Banana is my favorite. It's the only flavor the don't see entire boxes of. :(
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Quaker High Fiber Cinnamon Swirl. Best I've ever had.

160cals
    10g fiber
    4g protein
    7g sugar
    34g carbs
    0mg cholesterol
    0g trans fat
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    fat free/sugar free pudding mix, applesauce, mashed pumpkin, yogurt, splenda, nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, peanut butter, Peanut Butter Factory's White Chocolate Dreams, cinnamon