My Success Story

Options
Age 44/Height 5’8”/Weight now 172.8 lbs/Weight then 189 lbs/Pounds lost 16.2 lbs

My Story: I was always an avid Prevention reader, drank my Slim Fast shake for breakfast, lunch, and had a "sensible meal". I worked out 3-5 times a week, I weighed 140 pounds, and I wore a size 7 jean; but I was also 25 years old at that time. In 1999 when I was 34 years old, I was given steroid shots for my allergies and I gained 45 pounds. I stopped: eating right, working out, reading Prevention, and drinking my Slim Fast shakes. In 2004 I got married at 39, had a baby in 2006, and in 2007 I was diagnosed with golfer’s elbow. Since I am tall I learned how to “fool” people with my height; but you cannot fool yourself, your clothes, your scale, or pictures. The final straw was a picture taken of me at work during one of our awards ceremony and I had a double chin! On 3 January 2009 I weighed in at 189 lbs (size 14 jean) so I began my New Year’s Resolution by maintaining and losing the weight for life! I have a three year old little boy to run after! We live in a two story home and I'm tired of panting, huffing, and puffing just to climb 13 steps! On 2 February 2009 I weighed in at 186.5 lbs!! I had a couple of Slim Fast coupons and I liked their commercial on tv; so I started to drink my Slim Fast shakes and on 15 September 2009 I weighed-in (I weigh myself once amonth) at 172.8. Sad to say that I "gained" a pound :mad: Even though my will power is back, I won't allow myself to get "down" with the gain of a pound. I have added weights on Tuesdays and I sit in the hot tub for 15 minutes, jump out of there, shower, change, and head back to work. I work for the Army/Civilian; so don't salute me :laugh: I work out four days a week during my lunch hour now, I stop eating 2-3 hours before I go to bed, I quit cold turkey black coffee (I was 17 when I started), I now drink black Chai/green tea, eat more vegetables, fruits, eat salads with NO dressing, use extra virgin olive oil, eat wheat pasta and bread, eat yogurt, drink skim/low fat/soy milk, I drink 64 oz of water daily, I use PAM, and enjoy drinking my smoothies consisting of: low fat vanilla yogurt, 8 oz skim milk, and blend one banana. At work we started a “Weight Partners” group so I started a trend by walking the track during our lunch hour. I will NEVER skip breakfast again!

How I Did It…

I ate fewer…ready-to-eat pizzas. I decided to buy a pizza stone ($29.99) and created my own home made pizza with delicious recipes from Prevention!

I ate more….foods to help me before and after my work out regimen. I ate an apple, or yogurt, or soup, or walnuts & a small box of raisins 30 minutes before my workout regimen. My calorie intake is 1,250 per day; when I lose more weight I will go to 1,500 calories. After my power walk I drink my chocolate Slim Fast shake in order to "rev up my muscles".

I exercised….three days a week during my lunch hour at the PT track at work. I power walk 3 miles, 9 miles a week even while it is raining outside (quack! quack!). I’ve even taken my yoga mat to the field so I can adequately stretch (5 minutes before and after). This includes the 4th day (Tuesdays) by working on my upper body strengthening by working on weights (then hit the hot tub).

I reminded myself…to psyche myself. If I felt tired, lazy, or sick, that wasn’t an excuse! I was sick and tired of my previous excuses! This includes PMS, feeling bloated, and my monthly period... “Go and work out, it’s your lunch hour! Your body needs this for your mind, body, and soul!”

Unexpected gain…I gained MORE confidence, stamina, willpower, and cheekbones! I got my cheekbones back! My size 8 jeans are looking mighty, mighty good on me (today! 11 Sep 09 is dress down day at work)!!!! My goal is to weigh 166lbs by October 31 and I have 6.8 pounds to go....I KNOW I will do it!

My health bonus…No more allergies and golfer’s elbow! I feel better than ever! Anytime in the past when I’d get caught in the rain I would get really sick or pneumonia. I’ve power walked in bad weather and have yet been sick!

Replies

• sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successes. I'm so glad that you are feeling happy about yourself.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Thanks, Horrell. Blessings and hugs! :flowerforyou:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Congrats on the success!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Little Eva, you are an inspiration! Congratulations!!

Alice
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm sure you can reach your next goal!
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congrats! it's brilliant when things come together:flowerforyou:
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Awwww, thank you Betty, Alice, Silver, and Jiggly! Ya'll make me feel so WELCOME here! I've been to other sites like Prevention and I would get chastized by the editor herself :cry:

Anytime ya'll want advice, you know how to reach me.

And "special" hugs go out for Jiggly for being smoke free! Girl, you just "added" years that you lost :tongue: and your lungs thank you, too!

Blessings!

Eva
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you, I wouldn't be doing so well with my weightloss if it wasn't for the thread I follow. A New Me started by LisaC1026. The women on there are so motivational and 100% behind you on everything. Whether you're feeling down or don't feel motivated all you have to do is talk to them and you feel motivated again.

I'm dealing with some depression issues and I"m really proud of myself for not "comfort eating". I'm not interested in turning to food for comfort, though I am turning to water..lots and lots of water.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    good for you, Silver! They say water "fills you up". Also, I heard before you eat dinner you should eat soup (which also fills you up). I read that a woman doesn't eat soup from a can because it has alot of salt....true, like all foods served from a restaurant. My solution? Dilute the soup! Hubby and I went to Olive Garden the other day. I asked for a hot cup of water...and I diluted my soup. With my taste buds soooo strong, I can tell if my food has alot of salt. I don't like salt! :grumble:

BTW: I just arrived from the post gym. I did weights (15 pounds and I gradually added 30 pound weights at 6 reps of 15 each). I'm so proud of myself! AND for my "treat" I stayed in the hot tub for 15 minutes....heaven, pure heaven! :love:

After my work out I drank my Slim Fast ready-to-drink shake (as recommended by Prevention), am eating my sunflower seeds, drinking tons of water, and am chit chatting in here w/ya'll. Blessings!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!