Foods you hated as a kid

Options
LuckyAng
LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
...but now love? Or even just like? Mine are spinach and sauerkraut. Always hated cooked carrots, but can now tolerate them and love them raw. Still hate green beans. Something about the way they squeak against my teeth... but I DO love that green bean casserole around the Holidays!

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I can thank my mom for food diversity in the house. we ate a lot of different this. there are only 2 foods I didnt like as a kid...and still dont. - Liver & Cauliflower = PUKE
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    soda
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I can thank my mom for food diversity in the house. we ate a lot of different this. there are only 2 foods I didnt like as a kid...and still dont. - Liver & Cauliflower = PUKE

Oh man... totally hear you on the liver!! My Dad LOVED it! It always smelled so great when he'd cook it, but when I'd taste it... *GAG*! To this day, I think it smells amazing cooking... but I still cannot eat it!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts and squash. You could not FORCE me to eat them. I got my butt torn up one time because my mom made squash and when she said "There are starving kids in Africa that would LOVE to have them" I offered to wrap them and pay for the postage....... But now....... I LOVE THEM BOTH!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

THIS ^ ^ ^

I also hated broccoli, but now like it if it has cheese on it.

I still hate mixed vegatables, brussel sprouts!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the green beans. I still hate raw tomatoes. But I got over my dislike of avocadoes. I thought they wre the grossest food ever when I was a kid, now I lurve them :)
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes! Absolutely love them now!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Fish! I HATED it until i was pregnant with number 3 and started craving it madly (18 years ago) The craving never went away, I went off pasta and rice during that pregnancy and still can't eat them.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Where do I start! I was a VERY picky eater as a kid. The bain of my poor Mums life, she even took me to the Dr's sh was that worried about the limited things I would eat.
    Then I would not suffer cooked veg other than potatoes, but I'd happily chomp down on raw carrots, cabbage & sweed. Mushrooms I never tasted until I picked my own, after that I loved them. Beetroot, yuck, now I love the stuff. Ect, ect,ect.
    The one thing that my Mum insisted I eat was meat, I'm now a veggie. Guess that one stuck.:laugh:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and olives~ love them now (now I have pizza and martinis on my mind, but I digress)

Food I still can't stand~ tomatoes and lima beans. Ick!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. *GAG*

I still won't even look at that. Why should i? There's tons of other awesome things to eat.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Tomatoes...but now there's nothing like a fresh tomato on toasted whole wheat with romaine, pepper and Miracle Whip Light!

Come on, summertime and those yummy Jersey tomatoes!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    :love: Asparagus. I hated it then...LOVE it now!
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    Brussel sprouts and any form of a lima bean. But now I love brussel sprouts :) I could still do without the lima bean, lol
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and Tomatoes. Love both of them now.
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and spinach
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The crusts on whole wheat bread. :D
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    nuts. I hated the texture, but am starting to come around to them
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    Sea food hated it until a few years ago now I will eat just about any kind of sea food which makes my hubby happy b/c now I cook things he loves :happy:
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    hate and now love: broccoli, spinach, tomatoes

still hate: mushrooms, olives

loved and now hate: meat (i went veggie), AMERICAN CHEESE kraft singles...gross!