Broccoli
    Onions
    Let's just say any kind of vegetable...

Now, I'll try just about anything :smile:

9821387.png
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Spaghetti sauce. I would only eat buttered noodles. Now I smash the *kitten* outta some homemade spaghetti no questions asked. Still enjoy the occasional buttered noodles though :drinker:

Sounds like a friend I had. The only thing she ever ate, and I mean ever ate PERIOD, was buttered and salted spaghetti noodles. She ate no meat, no veggies (unless you count french fries, she ate overly salted Wendy's fries too) and drank only rootbeer. It took another friend and I almost two years to get her to even eat a chicken nugget and she grew to like chicken and some other things. Her mom loved us for finally getting her daughter to actually try food before deciding whether she hated it or not. Didn't do her much good though, last I heard she had packed on the pounds to the point she looked pregnant from the way her stomach bulged.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Every Halloween my mother made liver and my brother and I had to eat it in order to go trick or treating, so obviously that is on my top ten, even now. I also hate lima beans, brussel sprouts, and ham and beans, also things we were expected to eat as kids.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti sauce. I would only eat buttered noodles. Now I smash the *kitten* outta some homemade spaghetti no questions asked. Still enjoy the occasional buttered noodles though :drinker:

omg I forgot about that one. I too would only eat noodles with butter, and parmesan cheese. I eat spaghetti sauce now, but I strain the chunks of veggies out. those are still bleck to me.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE mushrooms. Texture, taste, look; everything bothered me about them. My gram would always say that once I get older I would learn to like them and I would sneer at her. Now I love them. Grandma always knows best.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes and green beans.. can't eat enough of them now.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. *GAG*

I still won't even look at that. Why should i? There's tons of other awesome things to eat.

Absolutely disgusting! I can't even look at the word without frowning.
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Eggs, spring greens and celery!! Still can't tolerate liver though, bleugh!! :sick: :wink:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    SQUASH
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i liked all food when i was a kid, that was the problem!!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Spinach and broccoli. Broccoli is now my favorite. I have it almost every night.
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    asparasus (don't think i spelled that right)
  • T2trinco
    T2trinco Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Spinach! Now I love it in every form!
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    croissant (I was insane as a child)
    mushroom soup
    clam chowder
    Liver (I will NEVER like liver:sick: )
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm still hating on potatoes.
  • springermad
    springermad Posts: 242
    Options
    liver, potatoes and aubgerines

I never would eat cougette eithre but I am eating a little more of it now that I am a veggie and it is in my pasta sauce I get and happy eating it in that x
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lasagna and Mac-N-Cheese, Hated them when I was younger and now that I want to loose weight, I absolutely love them both.. GRRRRR... :grumble:
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I hated broccoli and cauliflower as a kid. I am coming around with the broccoli, but cauliflower no way...NEVER!!
  • TheGreenfaerie
    Options
    Crust on bread... then the babysitter pulled a fast one and would turn the crusts into pinwheels of bread crusts, butter, cinnamon and sugar and I learned to eat them as a sweet treat. Now, I eat crusts plain, but sometimes make the pinwheels just because I like them.

I also hated raw tomatos, olives, mushrooms, onions, and cooked green beans. Cooked green beans were the worst. My parents had a rule that you had to eat 3 good bites of everything without making a bad face. If you made a face or a noise, you had to start over... I had to eat a heck of a lot of nasty soggy green beans because of that rule.
    (The skill of smiling and trying for whatever is served has stuck with me though since then.

Now, I enjoy raw tomatos, but only if they aren't too slimy, and I top them with salt, black pepper and sometimes cheese or balsamic vinegar. Still not a fan of most olives (the black and green ones in jars here in the USA), except when traveling abroad where I did enjoy getting my hands on various yummy Spanish ones. Mushrooms and onions are now some of my favorites and I even add them to recipes that don't call for them.

Cooked green beans are still hit and miss. It's the soggy, overcooked factor that gets me. My 1st college roommate, however, used to get raw green beans all the time when the farmer's market came to the student union and she'd much on them like they were carrots or celery. She eventually got me to try it and I was pleasantly surprised. So, I've learned to enjoy them, but when I cook them, I'me very careful to not overcook them. Just steamed but still snappy with a little lemon juice is perfect for me.

Oddly enough, now I'm the one that gets funny looks for eating raw veggies. Namely, at the farmer's market, when sweet corn comes in, I get odd looks for being the one who munches on a raw ear of sweet corn while walking around. Apparently everyone down here thinks the only way to eat corn is to cook it first.

I also used to hate grits, which is a problem for a southern girl (although I wasn't born in the southeast--my parents moved to the south when I was little). Now, when done well (ie--never the gritty instant stuff), they are one of my favorites. My fiance thinks I'm nuts though, because I also like cream of wheat, oatmeal, and brown rice porridge/pudding (aka brown rice in a bit of milk with just a dash of sugar) which were winter breakfast staples when I was growing up.

We didn't have asparagus or Brussel sprouts when I was growing up, so I liked those when I first had them in my late teens. Ditto for mussels, oysters, sushi, chopped liver, and a variety of other things.

I used to hate runny eggs, but they have grown on me.

I still don't like most French Toast or as I think of it "eggy bread..." Give me an "egg in a basket" instead. Likewise, about the only way I'll eat a hot dog now is grilled. I still won't go anywhere near baloney.

I like raisins but still prefer my oatmeal cookies without them (without is the way our family recipe has been for generations).

Still hate veal--the look, the taste, the texture, knowing what it's made from... yuck.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    How has no one said onions and/or fish yet?!? I hated them as a kid and still hate them today! Raw or cooked, they're just terrible.... but a food that I hated as a kid but now love.. avocados! Mmmmm :)

Onions...uuuggghhh......still won't eat them (but I do keep trying) But I DO like onion rings - go figure. Raw? never, ever.

I hated sweet potatoes & squash as a kid - now I love them!