ChaLEAN Extreme Question

dinosgirl
dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I currently am doing Slim in 6 but, seeing as this is my fourth time doing it, I am getting bored with the workouts and I am only 1 1/2 weeks into this round.

I got an email from Beachbody that had an advertisement for ChaLEAN Extreme. Has anyone tried it? If so - what do you think of it?

My husband and I were thinking of doing P90X when I complete my 6 weeks of Si6 but should I do this instead of P90X following Si6? Or maybe get it now and do it instead of Si6 and then move onto P90X or is it too difficult for "beginners" (I am NOT knew to intense exercise but it has definitely been long, too long)?

Any information would be helpful.

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,996 Member
    If you have mastered Slim in 6 (particularly Burn It Up and Slim & 6-Pack), I think P90X or ChaLean Extreme would be a great next program for you. I've not done CE, but I have done a couple of rounds of X as well as two rounds of SI6.

Have fun with whatever you decide to do. Either one should be great!

Jill
  • Hi... I've done CLX, but never done P90X so I can't compare the two. Let me just start by saying that I LOVE Chalene, I fell in love with her Turbo Jam videos first and then just had to have CLX. Honesltly, my results were not dramatic. But, in all fairness, I started this after already losing 20 pounds, and I was already at a weight that I was really happy with. So that being said, I didn't really have much to lose. I do think that I saw a lot more muscle tone though, so I would say that it did what it was supposed to. The only things is, you may want to consider adding more cardio to the program. It basically goes:
    Day 1: 30 min weight
    Day 2: 45 min cardio
    Day 3: 30 min weight
    Day 4: 30 min cardio/15 min stretch
    Day 5: 30 min weight
    with some rest days thrown in. I was on another message board with a lot of other people also doing CLX, and a lot of them added more cardio on the lifting days. Also, a lot of the people who didn't follow the eating plan, didn't really see results. I followed the eating plan almost exactly, and I actually thought the food was really delicious. I made big batches, and froze it in individual portions so that I wouldn't have to cook so often. It's also not "advanced." If you are at an average fitness level, you can do this. You'll be surprised at how heavy you can lift though. When I started, the heaviest weights I owned were 15 pounds, and I rarely used them. By the end, I had to start using my husbands weights, 35 pounds for some of the lower body work.

Hopefully someone who's tried P90X will give you their opinion too so you can compare.
  • I have been thinking about getting Slim in 6. Did you like it? See results like the commercial says?
    I appreciate any feedback you have on it. Thanks!
  • dinosgirl
    I have been thinking about getting Slim in 6. Did you like it? See results like the commercial says?

I like it alot. Are the results dramatic? Kind of.

The most dramatic results I got with it was right after I had my second baby. I started it five weeks post-partum at about 130 lbs. By the end - I was down to 125 (not a dramatic weight loss but I was also nursing so your body tends to hold onto whatever it can during that time) but I lost inches all over and got really toned. My waist went from 31 inches down to 28, from a size 8-10 to a size 4-6. Big improvement. I looked great for having just had a baby.

The other times I've done it is has only been half-@ss. But I still lost a couple of pounds and a couple of inches.
  • dinosgirl
    Hi... I've done CLX, but never done P90X so I can't compare the two. Let me just start by saying that I LOVE Chalene, I fell in love with her Turbo Jam videos first and then just had to have CLX. Honesltly, my results were not dramatic. But, in all fairness, I started this after already losing 20 pounds, and I was already at a weight that I was really happy with. So that being said, I didn't really have much to lose. I do think that I saw a lot more muscle tone though, so I would say that it did what it was supposed to. The only things is, you may want to consider adding more cardio to the program. It basically goes:
    Day 1: 30 min weight
    Day 2: 45 min cardio
    Day 3: 30 min weight
    Day 4: 30 min cardio/15 min stretch
    Day 5: 30 min weight
    with some rest days thrown in. I was on another message board with a lot of other people also doing CLX, and a lot of them added more cardio on the lifting days. Also, a lot of the people who didn't follow the eating plan, didn't really see results. I followed the eating plan almost exactly, and I actually thought the food was really delicious. I made big batches, and froze it in individual portions so that I wouldn't have to cook so often. It's also not "advanced." If you are at an average fitness level, you can do this. You'll be surprised at how heavy you can lift though. When I started, the heaviest weights I owned were 15 pounds, and I rarely used them. By the end, I had to start using my husbands weights, 35 pounds for some of the lower body work.

Hopefully someone who's tried P90X will give you their opinion too so you can compare.

Hmmmmm...I'm really liking the sound of this...

I used to be in awesome shape when I did more weights than cardio. So I can see how this would work.

Thanks for the insight! :)
  • dinosgirl
    If you have mastered Slim in 6 (particularly Burn It Up and Slim & 6-Pack), I think P90X or ChaLean Extreme would be a great next program for you. I've not done CE, but I have done a couple of rounds of X as well as two rounds of SI6.

Have fun with whatever you decide to do. Either one should be great!

Jill

Thank you! I think the appeal of P90X right now would be doing it with my hubby. But ChaLEAN seems a little less...intense? Kind of what I need for now.
  • I have done P90X and loved it. I really felt great when doing it and the workouts are intense but good. I am doing Chalean Extreme right now, I like it also. It is very different from P90X though. I recommend both. Good luck.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Thank you! I think the appeal of P90X right now would be doing it with my hubby. But ChaLEAN seems a little less...intense? Kind of what I need for now.

I have done P90X and ChaLean Extreme and then recently finished a round of Insanity.

They are all great programs!! Let me know if you have any questions!!

Jess
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,996 Member
    I have been thinking about getting Slim in 6. Did you like it? See results like the commercial says?
    I just finished it Saturday. My results weren't infomercial-worthy, but I am extremely pleased with them. I was targeting a one-pound-a-week weight loss, and I lost exactly six pounds. I think the people who get more dramatic results than that cut their calories much more severely than I did. My personal opinion is that that isn't a very smart way to go about it. I'd rather lose the weight slowly and have it stay gone. Also, someone who had more weight to lose might have more dramatic results. I wanted to lose 24 pounds. Now I have only 18 to go. I'll do it too!

Jill
  • I have been thinking about getting Slim in 6. Did you like it? See results like the commercial says?

I like it alot. Are the results dramatic? Kind of.

The most dramatic results I got with it was right after I had my second baby. I started it five weeks post-partum at about 130 lbs. By the end - I was down to 125 (not a dramatic weight loss but I was also nursing so your body tends to hold onto whatever it can during that time) but I lost inches all over and got really toned. My waist went from 31 inches down to 28, from a size 8-10 to a size 4-6. Big improvement. I looked great for having just had a baby.

The other times I've done it is has only been half-@ss. But I still lost a couple of pounds and a couple of inches.
This discussion has been closed.