Negative Co worker

Options
I just had to share. This morning as me and my only other coworker were talking about weight loss (she is naturally skinny) I said that my pants are fitting weird because my legs are toning I just wish it would come off around my waist more. And she said "Oh you don't really think that your going to lose any of your stomach do you?? " I said OH YES I DO! She was very taken back that I thought that I would lose my stomach. It may take a while but by golly it WILL come off.

Replies

• skaboom163
    skaboom163 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    what a biotcchhhh!!!!! That should make you want to work out even harder to prove her WRONG! Don't ever expect a compliment from people like that, though. It's probably all about her and she sounds like a very selfish and insecure person.
  • jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    Bleh. I hate people like that. That's pretty much why, with the exception of my sister and my husband (my sister because she is trying to lose weight too, and my husband, because he does my measurements) NO ONE knows I'm trying to lose weight. I would be absolutely FURIOUS if someone told me I couldn't lose weight where I am hoping it will come off (namely, stomach, like you).
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    UGH! People suck!
  • Ildiko17
    Ildiko17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LOL, this totally made me think of sitting up in my office and doing a cheer for my negative co-worker who has made similar comments to me... (from the movie Wildcats with Goldie Hawn) "U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi, you ugly, what, what, you ugly"

Don't worry, I have more self-control than that, but thinking it is funny enough
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    She is just a negative nancy!... Only use her words to motivate you that much more to shove it in her face!

:)
  • corderdeb
    corderdeb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    YES! It will, it will just take some time. Same with toning your triceps.

Keep at it! :)
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    kick her in her balls, cause obviosly she has the meantality of a MAN!!!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The nerve of some people! Nice job w. your toning :flowerforyou:
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    mean people suck - stick with it! you can do it!!! :)
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    punch that ***** in the face :)
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started losing weight in college a "friend" told me some people just aren't meant to be skinny. That was huge motivation to lose 60 pounds.
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job in not letting "IT" rain on your parade...The important thing is keep on working it!! You can do it!!

Love the Wildcats reference too...
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    punch that ***** in the face :)

This!!! That is SO rude. You're doing this for YOU and not for her, but you'll show her one day! Keep up the great work! :)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    First off, I'm not sure there is such a thing as 'naturally skinny' but that was a really ugly thing to say. You can get great revenge by proving her wrong! For a lot of people, me included the belly is the last to go... You can do it!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I just had to share. This morning as me and my only other coworker were talking about weight loss (she is naturally skinny) I said that my pants are fitting weird because my legs are toning I just wish it would come off around my waist more. And she said "Oh you don't really think that your going to lose any of your stomach do you?? " I said OH YES I DO! She was very taken back that I thought that I would lose my stomach. It may take a while but by golly it WILL come off.

In my nicest voice, I would have said "Awww, you're so rude.".
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah... We have one.
    Always asks if Im still going to the gym 'while real society actually sleeps like real society people".

Told her "I dont like associating with real society people - they are too damn crabby to be considered breathing the same air as I am"...

Shuts her up every time
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am the only person on this website who hasn't come across someone so obscenely negative! All of my friends are supportive and loving people, who don't care what any of us look like and I am part of a diverse group of people who share similar interests and may live very different lives and who look different from one another. Some of us are short and skinny,tall and fat, average and..average! But no one I know would ever in a thousand years look down on another person for the way they look. Not ever.

When I told a friend of mine and Boyfriends that I felt like "a beached whale that was dropped into the forest that grows the tree's ugly sticks are made from and hit every branch on the way down" he stopped me right there and said to never, ever, believe I am ugly and said that I am very pretty and he won't hear anything otherwise. That I am working hard to lose the weight and to never look at myself that way.

I see so many of these negative stories and can't imagine how hard it must be to live in a household of people who are constantly so unkind or be stuck working alongside constant negativity like that. I can honestly say that I am genuinely sorry to anyone who has to put up with such bull****.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I like confrontation. You should have point blank asked her why she didn't think you would lose the stomach. If they are going to be pricks, at least make them state it explicitly. Then use it for motivation.
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My tummy is a point of frustration to me too! I have lost 20 pounds since Feb and have lost a great deal in my tummy, I know I should be taking my measurements but have just been weighing in, but it is visually noticeable now which is nice! Usually they say the place you put it on first takes the longest to lose, so be patient and keep logging your calories/activity, try to up your fiber grams and get your water in and you WILL see results. Being persistent is the key....don't get discouraged by what Ms. Skinny says!
  • lmandarae
    lmandarae Posts: 5
    Options

Turn her rudness into fuel to achieve your goal!!!
    I was told by a co-worker that calorie counting doesnt work - she laughed at the MFP app. I started doing 3 1/2mths ago.

I struted in my Antonio Melani dress one day last month and didnt say a thing to anyone.

Sooo ~ Guess who is counting calories now?!?!? Yep - that co-worker!!! Even asked me about my foods.

GO PROVE HER WRONG GIRL! THIS IS SOME GOOD WORK OUT FUEL!