New and Clueless...

Options
Hi! I'm new to MFP. I have been using another site and have heard great things about this one so, I'm giving it try. What is your favorite thing about MFP and why? Your answers will help me navigate the deep waters of trying to figure out a new way of tracking with a new site. Any tips would be great. Thanks. :0)

Replies

• pinkdianne
    pinkdianne Posts: 5
    Options
    I carry a journal 2"x3" I picked up at the dollar tree for 3/1.00. I write every little thing down. If I do not I will leave something out. It helps me to go back over it and compare it to my weight changes.
  • _John
    _John Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite thing about MFP and why?
    It has the best, most comprehensive, database of food to be able to track calories. That's it.

The reporting of your weight is a bit poor though so I recommend https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.cachapa.libra&hl=en for that.
    --
    John
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I love being able to track my food intake and calories burnt through exercise (but I don't use the exercise calories they give on here, I change them to the ones on my own bike/pedometer as the ones given on here seem to be at least twice as high and I think they are a bit misleading). I also really value the friends that I have made on here and the support that we give one another. This site is so fantastic and I just find the whole thing helpful and supportive. All the very best with your weight loss journey x
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love being able to track my food intake and exercise. I recently downloaded the app to my phone and love the bar code scanner for adding food. Its so much easier than searching for food items in the list. I am looking for new friends, so add me if you want.
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love my friends on here because they are supportive emotionally, physically, and are there when I need someone to chat with. I also enjoy the food diary it has all the food listed so you don't have to add hardly anything new. Some of the forums are great to get some advice from, or share information with.
  • Amethyst327
    Amethyst327 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. I used this app about a year ago but did so in a vacuum and only used it for the calorie tracking. I lost the weight I needed and stopped using it. Now I'm back and looking to meet friends for the community aspect of it for both support and friendship.
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ditto what everyone else has already said. I LOVE the phone app, I use it multiple times a day still to scan barcodes and all the nutrition info pulls right up! It makes tracking super easy for all of us that have so many things going on in our lives.
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started here due to the phone app. I like scanning the barcodes & setting up mu own exercise calorie info.