Any success smoothing out calorie consumption?

Options
Hi all,

I'm finding that I'm really having trouble sticking to my allowed calorie amounts on days when I don't exercise -- I usually go over by a couple hundred cals because I'm STARVING in the afternoons. In order to make things a little more even throughout the week, I'm thinking of averaging the extra calories I need to eat back over the course of the week, rather than eating them just on the days that I work out.

For example, MFP says I should eat a minimum of 1480 cals per day, plus my exercise calories (on average, 330 cals a day). So, instead of just eating back my exercise calories on workout days (so that I'm cycling between 1480 and 2000+ cals daily), I'd just set my daily cals at a little over 1800.

Has anyone tried this? Any luck with it?

Thanks!

Replies

• shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this too, on the days I don't exercise I seem to be extra hungry and I am not hungry on the days I exercise so I rarely eat any of my exercise calories.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just upped my calories about 400 per day. So now I am at 1650. it's a good range for me. I find that being hungry causes me to binge so I keep my calories high and go off my weeks average. Some days I workout hard burning over 1000+ calories and the next day, a rest day, I am starved. I figure it's my body telling me it needs more. Go off what feels right. Work hard and it will happen!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Exercising every day should solve the issue. Just don't do the same thing on back to back days (cardio, strength, other (like yoga))