Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Does tuna fish dry you out?

JPod279
JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
I remember back in college hearing a guy who was a big time weight lifter say something like tuna dries you out. Anyone else heard this? I assume he means something about it affecting water weight? If I remember correctly he would eat a lot of it right around competition time.

Replies

• mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    i've never heard of that....but MAN did my mind go in the gutter when I read the topic line! LOL :blushing:
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Dry me out? Tuna is a staple in my fat-shredding diet, and I seem pretty wet at the whistle, I'd say!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    i've never heard of that....but MAN did my mind go in the gutter when I read the topic line! LOL :blushing:

:laugh:
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member

Lord what a perv! LMAO
  • mrs_schultz2012

Lord what a perv! LMAO

not a perv, just dirty minded....and that's pretty mild compared to some of the other topics i've seen out there haha hope i didn't offend anyone with my response
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member

Don't worry, so did mine!!
  • mrs_schultz2012

Don't worry, so did mine!!

haha good, glad i'm not alone!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Oh, my mind went right in the gutter with that one, too. I'm kind of disappointed this topic didn't live up to my dirty-minded expectations.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 784 Member
    lol, I was thinking on the same level as you all. lol
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    I eat alot of it because it doesn't have much sodium. Wow you dirty people! :embarassed:
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Tuna is a natural diuretic.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member

Lord what a perv! LMAO

not a perv, just dirty minded....and that's pretty mild compared to some of the other topics i've seen out there haha hope i didn't offend anyone with my response

Not at all, and mild it is indeed!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Good tuna leaves me totally drained.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member

Same here lol, I had to click it and read!

Sorry, I've never heard of it doing that before so I have no input.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Here I was thinking this might be an ad for Pjur.
  • dmilstead
    dmilstead Posts: 2 Member
    Both my gym partners and I noticed if we had tuna the day before we weighted more the next ? Why? Thought it was suppose to be good for you.

For your question, no I have not heard of that. Tuna is low in sodium so it shouldnt dehydrate you or make us retain water.

Just curious.

Thanks,
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    I would like to take credit for trying to make that topic as dirty as I could be, but in reality I had no intention of that. It must have been subliminal. Either way, I think I just found some ladies I need to hang out with. :bigsmile:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,122 Member
    Some body builders consume mega doses of protein and lots of water is needed to compensate......not tuna related imo.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    I would like to take credit for trying to make that topic as dirty as I could be, but in reality I had no intention of that. It must have been subliminal. Either way, I think I just found some ladies I need to hang out with. :bigsmile:

LOL good job! :happy:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    another perv in line... oh well.:laugh: