HELP!!!! Tough Mudder

Options
Hi MFP's!

I am 60 pounds over weight, but super focused to reach my goal weight. With that being, I am doing Tough Mudder in October with a group of people and I am one of two females on the team out of 11. I feel really inadequate right now. Not sure how to train for it. Has anyone else done Tough Mudder and what should I expect? Really hoping to be at my goal weight by then. I have always been able to mentally push myself, just wondering if I can handle it.

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Go to toughmudder.com and click on training. There are links to pdf file workouts that will help you feel more ready to compete.

Good Luck!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    edited post: oops, wrong race--sorry :) I really don't know how I would train--probably the same as I would for a 5 or 10K with some serious weight training for strength?
  • tammisr32
    tammisr32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    my husband is doing the tough mudder this year too! I have seen on the website a training recommendation link. It tells you what you should be able to do by the tough mudder. I know he is running 3 times a week, as much and as far as he can (on the treadmill right now) and strength training 2 times a week. As it gets closer I'm sure he will up the ante and strength train more too. Good luck!
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio mixed with lots of lifting, jumping, scrambling, etc. Boot camps are awesome for this type of training. I did one last year and signed up again this year. You've got plenty of time, and I was 25 lbs heavier than I am now and still managed to get through it.

Message me if you have specific questions. Good luck and have fun! :)